Close

Thanks

Does any1 know the max weight capacity of an XR100??

Wassup? I'm 14 and I just started riding. I'm a big guy and I weigh about 210 lbs. I bought a 2000 XR100 but i don't know how much it can handle. I don't want to thrash my springs, or bend my spoles, etc.
    If anyone has any info, or even a guess, reply to this!

Thanx!

Thanks
    your wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to big for it ..... you need a xr250 atleast if u want a 4 stroke play bike... and yes you will trash yur springs and spokes

Thanks
    im 215lbs n i ride my friends xr100 fine

Thanks
    For backyard playing/racing it will be fine. Even for a leisure trail ride, it will take you most places you want to go. However, you will bottom it out on big bumps, and if you leave the ground very often, you will thrash the suspension. My friend is in his mid-40s and he bought 4 XR100s and we used to race them through a little course we set up in his pine trees on his lot. We had a blast.. kind of like mini racing, but we did not have any jumps at all. I agree... you should find yourself an XR200 or XR250...should not be that much more. If you have more money, you can get a CRF230. None of them will be any more powerful for you than an XR100 would be for someone it was designed for (90 - 150 lbs or so).

Thanks
    not sure exactly but the number 145 comes to mind. that is what i recall as the factory recomended max rider capacity. but i have seen some really heavy dudes test the limits of Honda's engineering.
    i have been on my sons many times and riden it hard and i am for sure above the capacity. the only time we suffered some broken spokes was when my son thought he was one of the X games freestylers. then again if you dont keep them tight they will break, and if you go beyond the factory recomended capacity you do take that chance

Thanks
    I'm 160 and have ridden our little 100 from time to time. It'll take the abuse, but if you ride it hard over rough terrain or are jumping it, the frame will stretch and the spokes will definitely loosen up and eventually break. Get a 200 (at the minimum) or preferably a 250.

Thanks
    Almost posive it is 220. It said it on the rear fender sticker on my 01.

Thanks
    Hmm...i picked up a 94 xr100 cheap...almost got it running now. I bought it with my wife and kids in mind, but you know Im gonna ride it too~! (265 lbs) Ill try not to "bust" any "sick air" on it!
    (bust a tire maybe!)

Thanks
    I am 300 pds. I race my XR100, mini motard. Buchanan’s sells heavy duty spokes for it, and I got a works shock for it. I defiantly test the limits of the bike, but so far, so good.

Thread Information