Close

Thanks

05 yz250 suspension upgrades

I am getting ready to shipp my forks and shock out for a revalve. I have been talking w/ Gonzo and he tells me it is very worthwhile. Any feedback from out there from those that have done so as well?

Thanks
    I just got my suspension back from Mx-Tech on thursday and went riding on saturday and sunday and I am VERY impressed. I'm 6'0, 220 and a Novice Mx racer. This weekend I was play riding and checking out the revavle.

What I didn't like about the bike with the stock suspension was that the forks felt WAY to stiff and the bike just felt squirlly going through the whoops. I felt like I had a death grip on the bars to keep the bike straight. I also felt the the rear was a little soft but overall the shock wasn't bad. The bike handled fine but there was still a little pushing in the corners.

OK, so what Mx-Tech did was a full revalve front and rear and a stiffer spring in the shock and left the stock springs in the forks. The forks are so much smoother on the small stuff. That was the first thing I noticed. I have a long stretch that is after a sweeping turn that I can get up to 4th in and at the end it has some bumps. Before the revalve I would get some head shake, now it's all but gone. The best part about the revalve is that I feel i can lay this bike over and really cut some sharp turns. This is what I was really looking forward to. I wanted that 2 stroke cornering and after the revalve it really shines in this area. The shock is great too, no more swapping in the whoops and i have yet to bottom it. At first it felt like the shock was to soft but i was wrong. It soaks up the small stuff real well, which gives the impression that it was to soft, but I was never able to bottom it out, even on some hard G-outs.

I would definitely get a revalve. It's always the first mod I do on my bike. I don't even bother reading the reviews about how the stock suspension is in bike tests because I know i'm sending mine out. Revalves are expensive and it might be hard to justify something that you can't see or hear on your bike but it's definitely worth it.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

”Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be
    happy.”
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    having the bike sprung properly is more important than a revalve

Thanks
    I just changed the springs front and rear and changed the fork oil. After getting the bike broken in I started tweaking the clickers......I am happy with just like it is.

Thread Information