Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

UM (United Motors) four stroke mini's

Have you guys ever heard of these ? I saw an advertisement in mini rider magazine (I think that's what it's called) at Barnes and Noble.

The DT 110 they sell comes equipped with a manual clutch from the factory..On the advertisment page in the magazine it says they have a "3 year warranty" which may be severely limited but who knows...

Here's the site...

www.umamerica.com

Thanks
    looks pretty much like every other chinese knock off of the honda's. I'm guessing its of medium quality and the bearings are cheap but once replaceing the bearings and seals you're OK.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Jason Renville
    www.pitvipermx.com
    Austin Texas

Thanks
    They offer various knock off products based on Honda, Suzuki & Yamaha models. I looked at their products at Dirt Wekk last year and they are pretty nice. Not major Japanese brand quality but good enough for starting out and for most folks should last well enough if used as intended. Overall they seem to be making a good effort to do it right and provide a good product with good service and parts availability at a good price.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

"I ride, therefore I crash." - Patman ~~~~ "Do or do not, there is no try!" - Yoda

Thanks
    The CRF150 knock-off looks very tempting for a trail rider (thinking of my wife and mom). It looks like a honda, but has disc brakes, e-start and weighs less. Don't know about the quality though:O

Thanks
    i would stay away from these bikes, already had a 125cc honda lookalike and a 110cc honda lookalike blow-up doing nothing that a real honda couldnt handle, plus neither of the bikes came with stickers or reg, no spark arresters or silent endcaps

Thanks
    Ah, I actually remember they days when people said these types of things about Hondas! Sure it wasn't on the Internet it was on parchment scribed with ink from a bottle but it was both said and fact. The UM products are typically nicer and more sorted out than some of the other offerings and they seem to be making a good effort to support their products so if the bike meets the needs of the rider why not. It's not always only about brand name.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Patman
    Ah, I actually remember they days when people said these types of things about Hondas! Sure it wasn't on the Internet it was on parchment scribed with ink from a bottle but it was both said and fact. The UM products are typically nicer and more sorted out than some of the other offerings and they seem to be making a good effort to support their products so if the bike meets the needs of the rider why not. It's not always only about brand name.
    Patman, I remember as well. Doi you think the Harley made a better dirt bike, or the Triumph Bonneville???

I remember my dad running knobbies on his Triumph....

Thanks
    I'm more partial to Brit bikes but that doesn't mean they were much better.

Thanks
    i dont know the um company looks to be pretty legit, they dont look bad at all

Thanks
    I actually saw some UM bikes at a fair last weekend .... they had a rather cheesy look about them, knock off looks and all. I didn't like some of simple things, like the 9" long clutch and brake levers on the bars and a few other things, like the 1972-ish exhaust that looked to be some sort of leftover from years gone past. Who knows? I didn't get to ride one, maybe thay are decent bikes? Just didn't like the looks, but, then again, I don't like Honda's for the same reason, LOL

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Name your god and bleed the freak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information