Close

Thanks

David Vuillemin to Makita/Suzuki in 2008

From Transworld:

Posted: 07.12.2007

BREA, Calif., (July 12, 2007) American Suzuki Motor Corp. (ASMC) announced today that Team Makita Suzuki Racing has signed former World Supercross Champion and French Supercross Champion David Vuillemin to race the Makita Suzuki RM-Z450 in the 2008 AMA Supercross and AMA Motocross series.

I feel with the kind of support that Makita Suzuki can provide, David will excel, said Makita Suzuki Team Manager Roger DeCoster. Hes known to be a good test rider and I think he will be very helpful with the brand-new RM-Z450 we will be racing. I believe this relationship will turn out to be very positive for everyone. Also, Id like to thank Mark Kvamme of MDK Motorsports for supporting David in his decision to sign with Makita Suzuki.

Vuillemin, 29, spent the first part of his career racing and winning 125cc and 250cc Supercross championships in Europe before coming to the U.S. in 2000. Stateside, the Frenchman is a seven-time Supercross winner and three-time Motocross winner. He has more than 40 podium finishes to his credit, and he was the top SX privateer in 2007 and the top MX privateer in 2006.

I am super-pumped to sign with Makita Suzuki, said Vuillemin. I can't wait to ride the new EFI-powered Makita Suzuki RM-Z450 and Im happy to be back in a factory team. Im also looking forward to working with Roger DeCoster and all the team members. I am ready to make the best of that opportunity to get back on the podium.

Vuillemin will join the Makita Suzuki team as of Oct. 1, 2007, and will replace Ivan Tedesco, who will be released from his contract at the end of September 2007.

We are very disappointed that things didnt work out with Ivan, said DeCoster. He is a very talented rider and rode very well in his first season with Makita Suzuki, finishing fourth overall in 2006. He also looked very good in testing before the first World Supercross rounds in Canada before he was injured. Were just sorry that things turned out as they did and we wish Ivan all the best.

For more information on Team Makita Suzuki Racing, log onto www.teamsuzuki.com.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

2004 CRF450
    2005 KLX125L
    2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wow. Very cool for DV12.
    Now, if he could just learn not to punch like a girl and let people spook him off the track

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks
    Can The Man turn Le Cobra into Le Contender?

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

I will fight a bear.

Thanks

Cant Believe It

Now there aint no XYIENCE MDK Riders, Nick Wey has gone to KTM now vullemin

Thread Information