Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Synthetic Oil with Castor Oil Smell?

Is anyone aware of a synthetic 2-stroke pre-mix oil on the market that has the fragrance of the good old Blendzall castor oil? Or maybe an additive (other than add castor oil smarties)?

Thanks
    Crwiseman,
    Try Maxima 727 ( I Think Thats The One ) They Make A Blend With Castor In It. Try Their Web-site For Info.

Dave L.

Thanks
    golden spectro was what i used in my 82 yz 125. had kind of a soapy smell to it

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

GET BACK ON THAT BIKE AND RIDE!!!!! http://www.myspace.com/motocrossrocks88

Thanks
    Klotz has that awesome castor smell. I used to run Maxima castor in my 125 in the early 90's it did smell good but it gummed up the powervalve system

Thanks
    to get that smell it has to have castor oil in it- maxima burns like crap, and will clog a powervalve- beanol has castor in it- klotz r-50 i believe it is smells pretty good- it doesn't smell like castor oil, it smells like a strawberry snow cone or something - y does it matter what the oil smells like?- u should hardly ever smell- unless u ride in a circle or something

Thanks
    Maxima Castor 927. Smells good and does NOT gum up power valves. I have run nothing else in my YZ since new. I have never seen any deposits when doing the top end. I have heard a lot of coments on clogging power valves etc., but not from people who actually run Castor927.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMaiconut
    Maxima Castor 927. Smells good and does NOT gum up power valves. I have run nothing else in my YZ since new. I have never seen any deposits when doing the top end. I have heard a lot of coments on clogging power valves etc., but not from people who actually run Castor927.
    That's what I've been running the past year. Last time I had my cylinder off, the piston looked shiny, clean and without a drop of varnish or carbon on top.

Thanks
    souphmars: You would understand what sort of memories burning castor oil evokes if you grew up smelling hot Maico's, CZ's, Huskies's etc. smoking by on those endless summer days past.

Thanks
    Memories? I burn 927 in my 1972 Husky CR450 now and it smells GREAT! Klotz though has a stronger aroma (more caster % I think) and does not run a clean in my 2001 Honda CR250R. The smell is one of the best experiences when you ride, besides that great 2 stroke sound. Kids nowdays have no idea.

Thanks
    Dirtvet: You are right, I forgot the sound. I have ridden my buddies CR450F and it sounds like it's running on compressed air. Where is the fun in that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information