Close

Thanks

KDX 250SR front wheel oil seal

I noticed that oil seal (brake disc side) was damaged when I took the wheel off for a tire change. Does anyone know whether more recent KX or KLX models use the same part ?

I found this and it lists the parts as shared by models such KDX 200, KLX's and Ninja 500 R .

http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model...semblies/35918

However my bike is the SR model. I was in such a hurry that I am not sure how to put the parts back in place. I have a collar as on the picture (disc brake side), it is inserted into the oil seal, but I am not sure which way, I think it's installed the other way on mine (narrow end outside) judging from the marks on the forks .

Does anyone have the SR model ?

Thanks
    the flange on the collar should be against the forks

Thanks
    go to your local kawasaki dealer. Find the part number, the description will list the seal number. from their either order it from the dealer or take the seal number to a local bearing supply store.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Thanks
    I matched the part # on the seal and the # on the picture shown above MH 203545, same as on the KDX enduro version, KLX 650 etc. I think the previous owner had mounted the collar backward , judging by the marks on the fork , that would perhaps explain why the seal is in such bad shape.

Thread Information