Close

Thanks

A geezer from Kansas

Am i crazy for wanting to get back into the off road scene at 70 years of age on another dirt bike?? It's been over 25 years. After 3 bikes, last one a 250 Suzuki, I sold it and bought a Jeep so my family could go with me off road. A yearly trek to to S.W. Colorado and around Kansas and Okla. Kids are gone now and wife got tired of it. In addition to Colo. I took my Jeep to Moab the last 3 years, and had a blast. But the Jeep has never been as fun as the bikes. Too slow and rough. I never did any official motocross racing, but could ride almost as good as some guys who did. Am still in good health and very active. Don't have a bike yet, but am looking at some 200 and 250 Enduros. I think they call them "dual purpose" now. I want to be able to ride on the street. Anyone out there off roading at my age? Weezer Geezer

Thanks
    There are at least 2 guys in my club in their 70's, and a bunch more in their 60's. They all move pretty good. I'm the fastest I've ever been, and hope to still be riding in my 70's, 20 years from now.

Thanks
    It's good to know I'm not the only one. Anyone from the Kansas area? I'm looking for some good places to ride around Wichita---if such a thing exists. The terrain is pretty flat around here.

I probably should go to the places to ride thread. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Found a bike. An 82 Honda XL 250 R, in good mechanical condition, and just needs some TLC.

Thanks
    Cool! Pics?

Thread Information