Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

wayne national forest

yet another ride with perfect weather. Met up with JimmyD2, Magnus, erac, and squad_3670 around 10 this morning for some wayne national riding. I was elected to lead the group. Got out permits and gas and started out toward the parking area past carbon hill. Arriving there were quite a few people already riding, but we found some space and unloaded without any problems. After gearing up we started riding back towards dorr run via the low line, this is where things start to get interesting. The normal huge ruts and mud were replaced by even larger ruts and mudholes. Myself and squad_3670 became stuck in one, took many minutes of pushing and spinning to get out. To get around some huge mudholes I opted to take off up a rather large hill off to the side of the main trail. Long story short I ate it on the uphill. On the downhill side it was much steeper than I had thought, I took a chicken path while everyone else blazed on down the steep part. Continued on and finished the loop back towards the bridge, erac and squad_3670 had some more difficulties on one hill with a gas line in the middle of it. Decided to take a break for a lunch/bench racing session. Then started back toward new straitsville until we got to some really messed up trail where I again ate it. Turned back around and headed back out for dorr run, but this time taking the high line out to 278. Rode out that way until I got us sufficiently lost and we turned around. Heading back from there Magnus curled the rim on the raptor and had to finish the treck back to the trucks riding on a flat. I had another blonde moment and started up a trail that I should have known the raptor wouldn't make. We had to then lift the massive beast up over a rock ledge to continue on our way. Somewhere along the line squad_3670 had a good crash and did some damage to his foot, possible fracture. All in all it was just a great day, I think everyone was beat by the time we got loaded up. Great ride, good people, and good weather to top it all off, doesn't get much better.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed;
    and Third, it is accepted as self-evident.
    -- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thanks
    I agree, it doesn't get much better....Well, maybe it would be better if it were not for the severe case of monkey butt and the 21/2 hr drive home.

Thanks

Re: Wayne National

Amen, Jeff. The day was perfect. All injuries, crashes, and vehicle damage aside, the riding was a blast. We're all praying that Magnus only has wheel damage and nothing more, besides, is there ANYTHING that can truly harm the RAPTOR?

So props out to smb_racing for being our tour guide of Wayne National. We'd have gotten lost for sure without him. It's one of our specialties. I would also like to apologize for whining and b**ching while the raptor was being carried up a hill, but my foot HURT BAD!!! It's still swollen and painful but my half-baked medical skills tell me no fracture. I'll have to see how it does tomorrow. It's my own fault for hotdogging behind Magnus on his shattered rim. Somebody smack me if I ever utter the words 'freestyle' or 'mad skills' again. I think maybe I should get a mountain (pedal) bike...

So thanks again smb_racing and let's shoot for Perry County sometime!

Thanks
    ah shoot, I forgot to mention Kurt, probably because he's not on DRN. He rode pretty well actually, did he even hit the dirt once? Bill I've got an awesome pic of you wheelie-ing over that big rock, I'll put it up as soon as Tripod starts cooperating

Thanks

Thanks Jeff!

Nice ride report and great job at showing us older folks around.

I thought the ride was fantastic and other than the dust, that might have been the most fun trails I've been on. I didn't make it out unscathed however, I woke up to a nice flat front tire this morning. Guys, how do you fix a flat tire? :scream:

Thanks
    aww man, these photos do not do that hill justice. Also they aren't really good quality, but that one of bill looks mighty impressive

man I'm ticked, tripod totally screwed me out of my images, they won't load "remotely" now. I'll have to find another way to do it.
    Last edited by smb_racing; 07-16-2001 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks
    Originally posted by smb_racing
    aww man, these photos do not do that hill justice. Also they aren't really good quality, but that one of bill looks mighty impressive
    Are you able to see the look of excruciating pain on my face in the picture?:o

Thanks
    alright, I've defeated the dreaded tripod. I had to place them in my student account here at OU. It's terrible that you can't even put photos in free webspace anymore
    oh well here goes.
    Here's Jimmy
    As well as Bill
    hopefully that worked correctly this time :think

Thanks

looks like some tight trails ?

©

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

03 FE400E, 02 FX470E Husaberg

Thanks
    You almost have to stay in the rut going up that hill. We found some tighter trails last time I was there. One was at the bottom of that hill by the pond. Was gonna go sat BUT won't have the bike back together.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information