Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

pro circuit factory conn.mx tech race tech

i have a 96cr250 im 6'6" 220lbs..46kg fork springs 6.0 shock spring. i ride some mx but mostly ride for fun,gravel pits, trails. this winter i planed on buying race tech gold valves for my forks and shock. but after reading the post on race tech i am having second thoughts. does race tech suspension stink? im i better off sending my forks off to pc, factory connection,mx tech. ideas or thoughts from anyone is welcome.and if jeremy isnt busy,ya right. i would like his thoughts. thanx.

Thanks
    I've delt with Race Tech and they are'nt bad but they are big and you don't get very personelized service. The last work I had done was with MX-Tech's California associate So Cal Suspension. Very personalized service and excellent work. I plan on being a repeat customer. I haven't delt with any of the others you mentioned.

Thanks
    I have ridden Factory Connection bikes and they are decent. Firm, but controlled. Race tech does not stink. I have heard good things about them, but the general consensus seems to be that their super high flow gold valve is not a great thing. I have never seen much of a good review about PC. From what I have heard and read, their suspension is harsh and stiff for most all people out there. I have read that it takes them a couple of tries to get stuff right. I have never ridden or used MX-tech suspension, but heard nothing but priase about them. In the phone conversation I had with John(east coast associate), I was amazed at their level of customer service and how nice he was to me. I would go with MX-tech, or if that is out of the question for some reason, Factory Connection.

Thanks

MX-Tech

They are great to deal with and they have several regional affiliate shops so you get the smaller shop personal touch. Chad Newton of Total Control Suspension is in Durham,NC and he did a total repair/ rebuild the same day he got it. I cant say enough good about him or MX-Tech.

Thanks
    Factory Connection has a lot of experience re-valving CR's for the woods & trail, as they have been working with Kevin Hines CRE/E-line for a long time. My bike was previously owned by an FC sponsored AA enduro racer. The original owner is much faster than me, but the suspension is still super plush in the rocks/roots at my pace and excellent at higher speed stuff as well.

Here is a link to a Cycle News test of a '96 CRE with FC suspension.

http://www.essjayar.co.uk/motorbikes...uroCompare.txt

Thanks
    A lot of people here seem to pick on Race Tech, and they aren't perfect, as is no-one, but they too have many affiliates that can give personalized attention, who spend many hours testing to perfect their product. Plus Race Tech will revalve your stuff as many times as necessary within 90 days, free of charge. AND if at the end, your still not happy, they will refund your money! I would assume that their affiliates will do likewise. I know my local ones does. Hard to go wrong with that!!

Thanks
    The best advice I can give is this. Try and have a local suspension shop do the work. They should know the tracks that you ride and will know how to tune for them. Some times the smaller , local suspension shops,even if they are an affiliat of a larger shop are better at giving a more personal touch. They want to get it right for you, good or bad news travels fast.
    If you choose to use the race tech stuff , use the type2 fork valves and the type 1 shock valve, this set up works great. Or you can get the stuff from race tech and do the work yourself. The more you know about your suspension the better off you will be at being able to tune it for yourself.

Thanks
    my question is. why use type 2 for the forks and type one for the shock. i know the difference between type 1and 2.

Thanks
    You could say it is personal preference. I felt that with the type 1 in the forks they were too soft for my liking on larger hits. If I went up on the valving and oil level and they got better but not as good a feel as with the type 2 and the standard stiffness valving.

As far as the shock I experenced the exact opposite. the type 2 was too much and the type 1 was perfect.

I operate a Race Tech center and have been able to test all the combinations out. It all falls down to what the rider wants.

Thanks
    I know this isn't one of the companies you've listed, but I have TOO-TECH suspension on my 96' CR250 and my bike handles better than any bike i've ridden. Super plush, and stable in all conditions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information