Close

Thanks

Marienville bike trail in PA.

I rode the Bike side of Marienville last week end. They did repairs alright. The sections they repaired are like Highways now flat and smooth as can be. Most of the Root sections are gone. The Rocky sections are gone for the most part. I would say out of the 20 mile loop, That 6 miles of it is reworked. They are going to close it down for 4 weeks to repair it some more. Next year it will be a bore of a ride if they do the rest like they did the first repairs.

Thanks
    The rocky sections are gone for the most part
    I rode there last month and I've never seen so many rocks in my life. It felt like a trials ride.

Thanks
    4 years ago, the trail was like riding in Hell. 20 miles of rocks ,ruts that would swallow a bike, Roots a foot and a half in the air. Others will agree to this.
    The trail is much mellower now . It was to the point of torture to ride. But they filled in and made it like a bike path over those sections.

Thanks
    More or less they ruined the trail. I rode there about 2 years ago and was bummed until we hit the bike trail. We put in about 98 miles that day and saved the bike trail for last. The rest of the trail system was real easy. I enjoyed the ride but really liked the bike trail. I just hate to hear that they filled it all in and made it easy.

Thanks
    Hey Mrrmx, I can understand your concern over a nice, challenging bike trail being turned into some form of paved Gentleman's sightseeing trail.
    However, I'm sure that the majority of readers reviewing this posting would not be aware that this type of paved, liesure trail is just about the most challenging thing that you are up to these day.
    I have come to this assumption after repeated attempts at getting you to join me in a ride at Turkey Point which, as you know, is where the real men go to ride, have resulted in nothing but lame excuses.

Thanks
    Dear Mister Lovell,

You posted that I declined to ride in Canada with you and your group of manly riders. I am informing you that I never recieved a invite to the Land of Pain for a ride. I just figured you were afraid to ride with this rider on the RM. Heck you could of aways drive to PA. to do the sightseeing trails with me.
    If I recall right the last time we set up a ride at the Point you failed to show. I had to ride alone until some other riders showed up to ride. I missed seeing the CR250 with the training wheels on it....

Thanks
    OK big guy. The gauntlet has been thrown down.
    Name the day and time and I will be there.:confused:

Thread Information