Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

H&H KTM in douglasville Georgia

I dropped my 300exc off last year for repair. The bike was very clean and ready to be worked on. The bike was misfiring on top end. When I finally got the bike back DIRTY months later, naturally I rode it to see if the problem was rectified. It was not. H&H KTM bent me over for $280.00 charging for new reeds and a stator Upon disassembly by myself I found that both reeds had all 4 corners chipped and that the stator was original. When I took the old supposedly replaced parts back, they said, "you need to bring the bike back in for us to look at it." I asked them "why would I bring the bike back when you did not repair it in the first place" Their reply was to present me with a new set of reeds and that was it. I was to mad to pursue any further and vowed to never buy from H&H KTM again. They are sold out unless you are a Pro or "A" rider ,. H&H KTM gets the golden screw award for fouling the dirt world with their presence

Last edited by kiktenminits; 03-28-2002 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    That's brutal. Have you considered reporting them to the Better Business Bureau? Also, have you checked to make sure it is, indeed, the same bike that you gave to them. It almost sounds like they lent it out for some to ride/race for awhile.

Thanks
    Did you speak with Barry Higgins, the owner, or his wife?

They are good folks and well regarded in the offroad world. I would venture to say they will make it right if you can bring it to their attention.

Thanks
    If they are such good folks, wouldn't they have done the job right in the first place?

Thanks
    Not if they weren't there. It isn't exactly a Mom and Pop sized shop, bur kinda big with several employees.

Thanks
    If you feel you have been wronged why not take it to the top? If you get road blocks go around them. If you can't speak face to face with the owner then call or email. Once they give ya' the heave-ho then you really have something to complain about. If I don't get satisfaction I ALWAYS take it up the ladder, somebody will either make it right or be willing to live with the concequences.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

"I ride, therefore I crash." - Patman ~~~~ "Do or do not, there is no try!" - Yoda

Thanks
    So you left your bike with them for DIRTY months, eh? :D
    I hope that's not thirty

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there was a case in Florida where a guy bashed a VW dealer on a forum like this, and he ended up in court. I'm sure someone like OKIE could be at risk from this post, particularly if that KTM dealer is well-known. I've stopped bashing individual companies (except MXA, of course ) after I read that.

Sounds like you could have worked on the bike yourself, and saved yourself DIRTY months of pain and suffering.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is--infinite"--Blake/Huxley

Thanks
    I bought my bike from H & H and have my repairs done there. Barry is a top notch mechanic and one great guy. If you call him on the phone I think that he will do whatever is required to make you happy. Remember that everyone is human and everyone makes mistakes and everyone pisses at least one person off.

Thanks
    I had a go around with them a few years back. I needed a part, called them WITH THE PART NUMBER, they sent me something totally different, then wanted ME to pay to ship it back! What a bunch of prize-winning jags! They won't be getting anymore of my cash.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Where are we going, and what's with the handbasket?

Male menopause is a lot more fun than female menopause. With female menopause you gain weight and get hot flashes. Male menopause you get to date young girls and drive motorcycles.----- John Wayne

Thanks
    I have to side with the others. H&H, Barry and his wife are good knowledgable motorcycle folk. Tell them the problem and I am confident they will fix it right for you.
    Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information