Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WR vs YZF?

Thanks

WR vs YZF?

I recently rode a WR250 and was impressed with its power. It had a few mods though, full akrapovich (sp?) exhaust, YZ timing. I currently ride an RM 125 and the difference was night and day, the WR pulled through out the whole power band. My question is how does the YZF250 compare to the WR250? Id get a WR but i MIGHT get into racing next year, so im thinking about the YZ. Whats the difference between the two bikes? Besides the seat height on the WR obviously being much higher (and hard for a short person like me to reach 5'6) Any info is apprectiated thxs.

Thanks
    I dont think the seat height is any higher..

I would get whatever you can find a better deal on.

Thanks
    actually the WR is higher :P

Thanks
    Shift -

the WR is a trail/woods/enduro bike. the YZF is an MX bike. having never ridden either of these bikes i can't say first hand but common sense says the YZF will have a smaller gas tank, a closer ratio gear box, stiffer suspension, and a peakier motor.

this is just speculation of course.

jeremiah

Thanks

Thanks
    Told ya

They are exactaly the same bike except for flywheel, transmission, suspension and the wr comes with extras.

Thanks
    Ims till convinced on the YZ...the ergos on a stock WR a little wide, and theres lots head shake on a WR...but iv never ridden a YZ yet.

Thanks
    When I ended up buying a WR, I test rode both and didnt notice much difference. The WR is modded out pretty good. I would go with the WR just cuz it comes with more, but only if you dont plan on racing. If you do think you will be racing it, you should definitely go with the YZ. Good luck

Thanks
    one major difference for the '03 is electric start on the wr. also look at the weight difference. the wr comes with lights and is set up for woods/trail. the suspension may be different as well. also a flywheel weight makes a lot of difference in the woods however with electric start it won't much matter if you stall it.

Thanks
    See my signature below. I have a 2001 YZF and a WRF. Buy the YZ if you're getting a used bike. Noticably lighter, quicker and more fun. If you're getting an 03, the new WR is now much more like the YZ in feel and fun factor. Buy the WR if you need a low 1st gear for the nasty stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information