Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Sliencer Packing Material! Performax

I know a LOT of people who got free samples at Dirtweek, so has anyone tried it yet? Opinions? I am getting ready to repack the 200 but it probably wont get ridden for awhile. I'll post back here once its been out and about.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

(`..`..-02 KTM400SX-..`..)
    DRN Subscriber & Support Team Info

Thanks
    Good, better packing material is always good! Also I was wondering if anybody has tried the stuff that is supposed to make your exhaust smell?

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

2006 YZ250, 2002 YZ250, KX310

Tapped out you can't lose.

Estou de volta!
    I'm Back!

Thanks
    I just repacked my silencer with it. One bag is more than enough for two silencers. I only have one ride on it, and have no complaints. Bike runs good, sounds good and was easy to cut and install.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Every morning is the dawn of a new error.
    V.P. Stillwater Trailriders
    Blackjack Enduro Rider

Thanks
    I was gonna wait until I saw the condition of the Performax packing after 2 months of riding. But, I can do the preliminaries I guess.
    There is more than enough for two packings(for me anyway)in the Performax package. Bike ran fine, didn't really notice any difference in the tone or volume. I used half of the Performax packing material in mid-October. I generally ride 1-2 times a week, so I probably have a dozen or more rides on the packing that is in there now.
    Just for Yucks, I'll change it again tomorrow night and report back on how it has held up.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

This aint no dress rehearsal! Ya gotta live your dream...
    www.bearhawk949.com ] PK's Airplane project
    L1 3,3,5,5,3,3,0,3

Thanks
    Paking:  Better than the plain old insulation like stuff you buy at the shops. Easy installation, easier to work with, and enough for two packings. Does a nice job and holds up much better than the cheap stuff.

Fuel additive:  I got a bottle of the grape, mixed up four gallons of gas, and had several people sniffing the air and looking around all confused at Bluff Creek. Next ride, at Fort Dodge, I forgot to add some of the grape stuff, but the guys I was riding with said they could still smell the grapes! Cool stuff. Also, just having that stuff sitting on a shelf in my garage leaves the whole place smelling good.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Name your god and bleed the freak.

Thanks
    Ive been using Performax for a quite a while now (before DW). I rode for like 3 months before I repacked it. the only reason i did repack it was because i wanted to see how it was holding up. in a two stroke, if its not spooging like crazy the stuff would last for a long time!

The main thing I like is the sound, it gives my bike a little bit crisper sound. oh, and I was there when they were comparing packings on the dyno, PerforMax really does outperform Silent Sport.

as for the smelly stuff, the grape is awesome! I think it probably works the best. Right now I have the chocolate, and i dont think it works real well, but im gonna try and ride tomorow and see. After that I will try cherry. There are a few fragrances that are supposed to work best with gasoline but i cant remember them right now. The stuff was originally designed for cars running alcohol cause of the nasty smell.

Thanks
    I promised that I would change my performax packing and report back.
    Here you go:

I said earlier that I had installed the Performax packing material in mid October. I was incorrect, it was the first week of November. I used about half of the product supplied in the package, maybe a little bit less than half. Since then, I have ridden about 15 times. Some trails, some gravel pits.

The results:
    When I got the silencer apart I found the packing in incredibly good shape for the length of time it had been in there. I could still see the poka-dot pattern in the packing material. It was blackened, but only one 2 inch long spot seemed to have lost any thickness at all; and that was minimal.

I was tempted to just cut off the blackened section and re-wrap the silencer with the used packing. I decided that Performax was inexpensive enough (two packings in one package). So I used the unused half I still had :confused: .
    I've found a new packing material for my silencers.

Performax.

I think I'll get some of the grape aroma stuff too when I place my order for new Performax Silencer Packing.

Thanks
    Where do you get it and how much does it cost?? I usually have to repack fairly frequently because I crash in creeks quite a lot, and I'm trying some different products to see if I can make my bike as quiet as possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks
    Cool - thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information