Close

Thanks

what one do you recommend?

I'm 6'5", 220. Looking to get into the sport, have ridden bikes before, but not extensively. What do you recommend??? Thanks for the input!

Thanks

Please vote: KX250 or YZ250?

What's your preference???

Thanks
    I had a 98 KX250 and now ride an '02 YZ250. The YZ is thinner, is easier for me to turn and lighter, but I haven't ridden the newest KX, which has had extensive updates this year. I do think the '98 KX had a better engine than the '02 KX. In fact I switched to the YZ because of Kawasaki's lack of updates to that point.

Very few folks get to ride all the bikes, so we end up having to rely somewhat on the magazine tests. Just be sure to read all of the comparisons and everyones opinions and look for recurring comments, such as the YZ's harsh mid-stroke on the front fork which tends to get better as the fork breaks in.

You need to sit on both bikes and see which one feels better to you. Both bikes are great. You'll will probably want to put on a taller seat, taller top triple clamp, taller bar with less sweep and install lower footpegs. To me, the question comes down to which dealer is better.

Good Luck and understand that this can be a volatile issue for brand loyalists.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

-tc

Thanks
    YZ 250.... thats my vote

Thanks
    i vote YZ too. call it bias or whatever, but when two companies (KAW and SUZ) give up the good fight to compete (for whatever reason) that indicates a lack resolve and drive.

yamaha innovates year after year. kawasaki throws in their lot with the so-so suzuki. and the prices of the bikes are within spitting distance of eachother.

i know none of this has anything to do with performance, but frankly i wouldn't know anyway (the newest MX 250 i've ridden was a 2000 CR250.)

how is it that you narrowed your decision to these two bikes anyway? proximity of dealers? whats wrong with the CR or SX? or the 4 strokes for that matter?

jeremiah

Thanks
    I am going with Beer Stud - CRF!!! OK - YZ if I cant pick CRF....
    Woodsy

Thanks
    Kx is suited to short riders so I think you would not fell comfortable at all on KX. The Yz is probaly best suited to tall riders. And definitely get some mid to hi bend bars, a taller seat and some triple clamps that push the bars out more. The YZ has more power as well and its everywhere. I am 6'3" and dwarf a KX. The YZ has lots of room and more room can be made.

Thanks
    I vote for the KX! Not because you get one, but because thats what I would get between the two. I'm partial to Green

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

2009 Yamaha YZ250f

Thread Information