Close

Thanks

Cleaning Power Valve and Reeds

Im pretty sure this has been covered before but I did a couple searches and didn't come up with anything. Anyways I'm fairly new to 2 strokes and I havent done any maintainance to do with the engine since I bought my bike used, which was in June of '02. It's a 2000 KDX220 and I thought it was time that I should inspect the top end and the power valve and mabye the reeds too. I do have a manual but it doesn't tell much about servicing the engine. So if anyone could tell me any info you can give or direct me to a website that would be greatly apreciated.
    Thanks for all your help.

Thanks
    www.bryankimsey.com

under "dirtbikes" had has a step by step process for cleaning KIPS at the bottom of the KDX page.
    Last edited by Fred T; 01-17-2003 at 05:52 AM.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

* If any of the comments posted by me are offensive to you, or hurt your feelings please place a complaint to arbitration committee leader Wolverine423. He's very sensitive to understanding peoples feelings. He should be fair about it.

Thanks
    Thanks for the link, it will help me alot.

Thanks
    Fred T thanks for that great link. This guy did an excellent job with the pic's. I am Still kind of new to the KDX and this is going to help.

Thanks
    Just finished my top end repl. for my 220, and I used the oven cleaner method for cleaning the kips valves....very easy as you don't have to take the valve apart....see ericgorr.com for more info....also, you should get the "shop" manual and the 220 supp. manual for your bike...you really need it for touq. settings and cable diag. , etc.

Thanks
    Originally posted by stevohhh
    Fred T thanks for that great link. This guy did an excellent job with the pic's. I am Still kind of new to the KDX and this is going to help.
    Don't thank me, thank Bryan, he did it. BTW-this and many other helpful links are the tech tips section on the JUST KDX website. If you ride a KDX you should reall have that link savd in your favorites folder. Here is is, and it has everything in it to get you educated about your KDX:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ :thumb:
    Last edited by Fred T; 01-19-2003 at 09:09 AM.

Thread Information