Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Every Kdx Rider Should Read This!

You need to have this link saved on your computer, go through the website and read everything. It will help you with your KDX, save you from grief and frustration and limit all the repeated questions that get answered on this forum. Maybe David will be gracious enough to get it kept at the top of this forum just below the RB carb thread, it will make it easier for you guys to either find information for the first time or reference to it as you show the newer KDX owners where to get information about which pipe, how to jet, fork springs, what mods work best, air box mod, clicker base settings, yada-yada, I mean it's all right there guys. Hope if you didn't know it was there you do now and read it. Tech tips is especially helpful -read it al twice. :thumb:

HERE IT IS: http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/ EVERY KDX RIDER SHOULD READ THIS!

Difference between 200 and 220
    Here>> http://justkdx.dirtrider.net/200vs220.html
    Last edited by Fred T; 12-30-2003 at 02:11 PM.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

* If any of the comments posted by me are offensive to you, or hurt your feelings please place a complaint to arbitration committee leader Wolverine423. He's very sensitive to understanding peoples feelings. He should be fair about it.

Thanks
    That's why I took 6 weeks off; I sure wish new guys would take advantage of the huge amount of resource info in archives. I hardly ever see Acutemp, Brush, Cujet, or MilkCow posts anymore; possibly because these same basic questions have been thoroughly covered. After all, it is a pretty simple little motorcycle and the mods available to most folks are bolt on projects.

Thanks
    Ok, ok, ok, I finally see the light...

And I just discovered the edit button, and I grew tired of my newbie post being up here for everyone to see! :confused:
    Last edited by wibby; 06-09-2003 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks
    Wibby,
    As Fred points out, hundreds of hours of trial & error mods as well as re-engineering are documented on the Just KDX site. I have found that the smart guys with all the expertise don't enjoy saying the same things over & over; in fact what keeps them checking this forum is the challenge of some new problem or progressive thought to consider. Think of it as school; you get a lot more out of it if you do your own homework...

Thanks
    I understand what you are saying, but new people just finding this place are gonna keep asking questions, yes the same ones over and over!
    Fact is people are lazy, well some of us, LOL

And they are asking the same questions over and over and it is starting to drive me crazy!
    Last edited by wibby; 06-09-2003 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks
    I appreciate both points of view. Still, it is quite true that the same old stuff gets, well......old.

Realizing the 'newbie' aspect is why I continue to answer the same stuff over and over.

The newbies that ask the same questions over and over...and don't listen to what the responses are from the gitgo are a pain. Can't help sometimes but to wonder how some of them ever figure out which end of a wrench to grab hold of (combination wrenches notwithstanding? )

Any poster is much more likely to get assistance if they at least try to do some research on their own. It helps if they have some teensy grasp of english, too!

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Consider the source

Thanks
    The old search function turns up a lot of good info and you don't have to wait for replies.

Of course when you get stuck there's a lot of support but is a kindness do the research first.

The old adage "give a guy a fish and he eats for a day, teach him to fish and soon he's in the fish business" seems to apply. :thumb:

Thanks
    Welcome to life.

Thanks
    Originally posted by canyncarvr

The newbies that ask the same questions over and over...and don't listen to what the responses are from the gitgo are a pain. Can't help sometimes but to wonder how some of them ever figure out which end of a wrench to grab hold of (combination wrenches notwithstanding? )

Any poster is much more likely to get assistance if they at least try to do some research on their own. It helps if they have some teensy grasp of english, too! [/B]

Thanks
    I would like to comment as a "newbie."

First, this site tipped the balance for me. You have invested so much time in helping KDX owners, and there is such a wealth of resource here, that it made my choice much easier.

However, I spent hours trying to answer two basic questions--difference between 200 and 220 as well as why one would have to possibly change piston after break-in. The search function revealed nothing on either of the topics, but I did happen upon the thread for the first question this morning. I am still trying to find the old thread discussions on the latter question . . . .

So then, as a "newbie" who also happens to be quite computer literate, my hat goes off to this site. But try to be nice to us "newbies" as we learn the navigation map that is set up :-).

Originally posted by canyncarvr

Any poster is much more likely to get assistance if they at least try to do some research on their own. It helps if they have some teensy grasp of english, too! [/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information