Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

CR250 H.P. numbers

I know that the 1992 - 2000 CR250 motors are not that much different, but I was wondering what people have used in order to gain the best workable power. What kind of head work, pipes, etc. Can you guys post some HP numbers, trying to build a nice all around 250 motor, just getting some ideas, thanks guys!

Thanks
    I'll be helping my buddy put together his '98 tonight, it has:

Eric Gorr porting ( )
    Wiseco Pro-lite
    Boysen Reeds
    FMF Fatty & Shorty

If we run it I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks
    I'm probably not much help here but what I found on my 92 and 94 CR250's was that the pipes didn't make much of a difference.I had a leftover FMF gold-series for my 92 that I bought for $99 from a place in Barstow.I would have preferred a new undented stocker as the FMF didn't make much of a difference. The stocker might have had a touch more overrev and seemed smoother.The R&D pipe on my 94 added some topend but the difference was hardly noticeable. Either the stocker is very good and the aftermarket pipes don't make much of a difference or I'm not the greatest test rider. Probably a bit of both!Never tried any other mods except for a br7es plug instead of the 8. Eric Gorr recommended a 7series plug among other things in an old DIRTRIDER magazine to give it a stronger lowend snap.What's funny is that it was more noticeable IMO than either pipes were.

Thanks
    94 CR 250

EG porting
    Wiseco Prolite
    Boyessen Pro Stock Reeds
    Dinged up PC pipe
    Stock silencer

Tried a Steahly flywheel weight, I think it was maybe 12 oz, but didn't care much for it. Motor is plenty smooth enough, I missed that feeling of almost instant wheel spin. Excellent motor.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Tell me when we're lost.

Thanks
    Hey guys, thanks for all the insight... I must say that with my 1993 CR250 I like the huge spread of power from bottom to top. I have an FMF fatty and a Power Core 2 Silence. I was wondering if the motor would benifit any from a different REED setup. I have also noticed that since I changed over to the FMF pipe my plug is more oil fouled. Did you guys have to do any major jetting changes, right now in Ohio, I can not get a good reading since the weather is EXTREAMLY cold... would going leaner on the clip work? Thanks again for all the posts and keep them coming, CR250's have a nice meaty power spread and I think it is interesting to hear what you did to your motor! maybe I'll send her out to Eric....what a great book he has btw....thanks!

Thanks
    Faded, keep us posted, sounds like it should be AWESOME!

Thanks
    The mid 90's CR's probably had the best overall power that Honda has put out in quite awhile. I have a 93 with only a Pro Circuit pipe and it has all the power I need. One thing that is important though is to make sure your jetting is spot on. A fairly stock motor that is running crisp with the suspension well balanced and dialed in is better than a bucking bronco that is a handfull. In other words-dial it in correctly and ride it.

Thanks
    PimpSlayer,

A set of forks and we could've rode it. His gold valves didn't ship, and he didn't feel like trying it w/out the front end put together, regardless of what i said. Maybe later this week, but I'll let you know.

Thanks
    vipros,

I was wondering how you have your carb set up. Did you need to go leaner or richer with your pipe? I run 32:1. just wondering...thanks

Thanks
    Faded,

Man, that is too bad that you didn't get to ROOST....ah, soon enough, keep us posted...should be interesting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information