Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

BlueRibbon Coalition - Invest In Your Future

If you haven't already done so....

Please take a few minutes to check out the efforts and accomplishments of the BlueRibbon Coalition, and consider donating and/or joining.

http://www.sharetrails.org/releases/....cfm?story=245

http://www.sharetrails.org

Thanks
    Thanks for the link Smit-Dog. I have meant to join the BRC for a while but just never did it. I followed your link and joined for a year. After browsing their site, it looks like money well spent!

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Ride on, dad...

Thanks
    Thanks for bringing it back to the top. There are a lot of good folks who donate tons of time and effort to protect our right to ride. The least we can do is join, promote awareness, and donate a few bucks if possible to keep the momentum in our favor.

I want to be able to ride with my grandkids one day.... (body and mind willing!)

Thanks
    No sweat, Smit-Dog, it's gonna stay on top.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

I will fight a bear.

Thanks
    Thanks for the link Smit-Dog. Liked what I saw and joined. Looks like a dang good cause to me.

Thanks
    Everyone on this site should join.

Without the far sighted attention of BRC and others we would have far fewer OHV areas available.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

Tony Eeds aka Teeds aka Dad aka Grandpa and now TMTC Past President
    Ride in Texas? Support those among us working in your behalf.
    We must hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately - Ben Franklin

Thanks
    September 2004 contributors list...

http://www.sharetrails.org/index.cfm?page=500

JEFF MAGOWAN, ESCANABA aka "Magoo"

Thanks

Your local group is were the fight should start

The best thing you can do to keep this sport around is to find, join and support both physically and financially your local area off-road group. They will have first knowledge of any threat to our sport and your local riding. BRC or any other National org should be secondary to your support of your local group.

I have been going back and forth between BRC and CORVA (CORVA being our local group) in 04 I was with BRC, in Jan 05 I rejoined CORVA. Now, we have been dealing with 2 ordinances out here, one I knew nothing about until 15 days before the hearing, first time I heard about it was though another DRN member, a week later I got a letter from the AMA. This is a big deal and a major threat to our riding and I was pissed that we heard nothing until the 11th hour.

I went on to the CORVA website and scrolled back to Oct 2004 (this was at the time I was with BRC) and found the warning of this threat; Nine months had lapsed between the time our local group warned us and the time AMA had sent a letter giving us 2 weeks notice. I take responsibility for not being aware of this threat, but my point is; neither the BRC nor the AMA had anything on it nor sent notice in a newsletter

When we are under fire daily and are losing access at millions of acres a grab, nine months is unacceptable.

BRC is an important organization , but only secondary

IMHO

Thanks
    My membership renewal notice just came, I am re-upping for another year with BRC (and also the NRA).

Thanks
    Excellent point JPIVEY, and thanks for bumping this back up....

California riders are fortunate to have a advocacy group such CORVA.... their mission appears very similar to Colorado's COHVCO organization. Both these groups seem to be localized versions for the BRC, and are able to focus their efforts and resources on all the issues of a single state as opposed to the entire country. It'd be nice if every state had their own localized BRC.

About the closest we have here in Michigan is the Cycle Conservation Club (CCC) . They've been around since the late '60's, and are the primary reason we have the trail system we have in place today. They aren't completely focused on land use advocacy, but do more than any other off-road organization in the state. Also, they are focused just on 2-wheeled vehicles, and host about a dozen very large and popular ride events every year. Kinda of a combination of an advocacy / enthusiast group.

I provide financial and letter writing support to the CCC, BRC (lifetime), and the AMA. The national groups are better funded so have the necessary resources and staff. State organizations such as CORVA and COHVCO need more support ($ and time) because you are right... they're the groups that are going to be able to stay on top of every issue that affects their local area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information