Close

Poll: Favorite Neck Brace?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    PCS 1.0" for me. I had a pretty bad crash two years ago (landed on head, 4th gear pinned). The physical therapist I had couldn't figure out why I didn't have any neck injuries. He wanted to know what kind of helmet I was wearing. I told him that I was wearing a my helmet, chest protector and neck brace and he said it was a good thing. B/C I probably would have had more than just a severe concussion (w/minor brain damage.. ). I haven't ridden w/out it since. I have also noticed more and more people are wearing the PCS at the tracks around here. Especially young kids.

I had an EVS one at one time, but hated it. Rubbed my neck and didn't like it rubbing on my helmet.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

"It's just a motocross track with trees...."-Dave Leathers
    -'80 XS400 Special-will be a Cafe Racer,
    02 XR50, '06 YZ125, '09 YZ250F, '09 Suzuki Gladius
    Thanks to: Village Motorsports, MSR, Gaerene, Pro-Taper, Bel-Ray, Decal Works and Nephew Physical Therapy

Thanks
    I've worn the PCS 1.5" for a few years now.... started wearing it after recovering from a broken collarbone. I agree that a neck brace is not a likely guarantee against another CB break, but figure it will help prevent against serious neck injuries.

A few weeks ago I went through some thick branches that were supposed to move, but didn't. Clotheslined me off the bike, and nearly crushed my windpipe. Still a little sore to swallow 3 weeks later. Makes the frontal neck coverage provided by the EVS a little more appealing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_09_28_ 014 (Small).jpg 
Views:	1499 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2004_09_26_ 022 (Small).jpg 
Views:	1628 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	6432  

Thanks
    OMG!

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

-tc

Thanks
    I have the EVS and so far so good. I wear it all the time now.

m y   s i g n a t u r e:

2006 YZ250, 2002 YZ250, KX310

Tapped out you can't lose.

Estou de volta!
    I'm Back!

Thanks

pcs 1.5

this is an old topic, but i have been using my 1.5pcs for 3 yrs. I dont notice it while riding but photos show that while riding my properly fit and adjusted chest protector naturally sags down in the back pulling the pcs which is tied to the protector with it. Even with the proper amount of slack in the tie strings it just wants to kind of float back and down. That being said I have several crashes that Im sure I could feel the helmet come in contact with the neck support and Im sure it helped stop my neck moving in that sideways direction. Also when overjumping since the pcs is open in the front there is no protection from snapping your head forward and down. I am going to try one of the other full coverage style units just to compare. I tried one of those that velcros across the front and it just feels pretty bad. Its hard to forget your wearing it.Especially if you have a chest protector on that bumps it around. Plus during hot motos Im not sure I would like wearing it. So for comfort Id say pcs, but protection I would have to guess and say on of those neck nut styles IMHO.

Thanks
    i just got a 661 neck roll. very uncomfortable, i hate it. i'll keep wearing it for safety's sake but i'll be glad when it falls apart and i can try something else.

Thanks
    I have the PCS 1.0 and I like it. Very low profile and doesnt bother me at all to wear. I do notice it slightly but if I didnt notice it at all I doubt it would do anything. Also instead of using PCS's mounting system I just used 2 zip ties at the front. It looks cleaner and I dont see any reason that the rear needs to be tied down. I also have the EVS RC1 and its a total PITA to wear. It gets hot, it moves around and is just plain UNCOMFORTABLE. As a result it sat and never got used. I tried to with the opening to the front and with the opening to the back and it was best with the opening to the back. After a lap or two though it would be sideways. Also I am 5'6 and dont have a long neck and the 1.0 was really nice. I might be able to wear the 1.5 too but the 1.0 is just nice and comfy. So far without having crash tested it I give it a thumbs up! Also they have super fast shipping! I didnt pay any extra to upgrade my shipping and I ordered it friday and it got here monday! :D

Thanks
    i like my evs rc3. its low profile and doesnt get in the way. its very comfortable and it helps also

Thanks
    the one that you'll get coming out of OR after shattering your C1 works pretty good. A little uncomfortable but works well....lol

Thanks
    I have been looking into getting a leatt brace or a neck roll... Is there really a huge advantage of having a leatt rather than just a neck roll? I'm not sure if it's worth spending $300 on a leatt or if i shold just go with a neck roll?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information