´03 Honda CR250 Powervalve adjustment??

Jacob Hansen

Nov 15, 2004
HI.

I just finished my top end rebuild on my newly bought ´03 CR250. I had to loosen the cables going from the DC motor to the Powervalve bracket. You know one cable at each side of the bracket. When the cables where off, i tried to turn the pulley thats mounted on the DC motor shaft.. The pulley that the cables connect to. I thought i could just turn clockwise to a stop and then counterclockwise to a stop.. but i seems like it can keep turning on the DC motor.
-My question is, how do i adjust the powervalve after "playing" with the DC motor? :yikes:
Should i just connect the cables to the pulley on the DC motor, and then connect them to the Powervalve bracket on the engine.... and then tighten the cables so there is no free play.. Or does the pulley on the DC motor has a stock setting. ex. 2 turns clockwise from stop!?? :ugg:

could anyone help me.? :worship: i don't have the manual, and cant get it in Denmark without paying a HUGE amount of money!

mtk

Jun 9, 2004
As far as I know, it's servo motor, meaning there are no "stops" internally as you would expect. The "stops are in the RC valve; the motor simply pulls one way or the other. I think you can reconnect the cables and not worry about it. I don't have a manual in front of me, but from memory I cannot recall anything about the motor in the instructions on how to adjust the cables.

Dragmeistr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 14, 2002
Its been awhile, but looking at the RC Valve cables, the one on the right needs to be tensioned enough so that when you press on it and try to move it towards the casting, it will not touch. the other cable just needs to have the slack taken up. Shoot me if Im wrong, but Im pretty positive this is the way I have always done it. this should help:

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/M...0&tier=3&nid=F6E595A399B64522B984C9F052329215

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom