1. Thanks for visiting The Forums at DirtRider.Net. Please join us and gain access to advanced search functions and other features that will make the most of your time here.[ Do it! ]

00 CR 250 Jetting

Discussion in 'Dirt Bike Mods & Maintenance' started by paul palmisciano, Mar 29, 2017.

1. paul palmisciano

Hello All,
    New to this forum and looking for some assistance. 2000 cr 250 new to me. Bike came from CA, I live in Idaho at 5500 ft. I'll be riding from 5000-7500 feet Mostly 5500-6500. Current bike setup is:

150 compression
    v-force reeds
    Bills pipe
    FMF forestry approved silencer with spark arrestor

Looking for a jetting set up.
    Any help would be appreciated
    Paul.

Attached Files:

2. jaguar

jaguar Subscriber

make it leaner, of course.
    drop the needle one notch and make the main jet one size smaller and then see how it runs and what color the plug is.

3. paul palmisciano

THX, I dropped 2 on the Main and ordered a different tapered needle. Was just off in the middle. I'll have everything back together by Tuesday.
    If not it will be a few weeks before I can get back to it. Work first, Play second.

4. jaguar

jaguar Subscriber

If it's a Keihin then consider getting the James Dean Jetting Guide spreadsheet. I had an '89 CR250 that was hard to jet till I figured out the perfect needle to use by using that guide. I highly recommend it but right now its out of stock at the JD Jetting site.

5. jaguar

jaguar Subscriber