U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
I do not have access to my owners manual at this time any help is much appreciated.
I have about 1/4" play in my throttle. Is there an adjustment for this?
Bonus question: I pulled out the oil drain plug and it just barely drips, what am I missing to drain the oil? To the sarcastic guys: If its a dry sump be kind I had a 426 but don't see anywhere it could be stored like the frame.
This is the most awesome enduro bike I have ever owned! Bye-Bye Blue.
I do not have access to my owners manual at this time any help is much appreciated.

P.S.This is the most awesome enduro bike I have ever owned! No wonder you guys don't tell people the secret handshake. Bye-Bye Big Blue!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
MX #741
01 CR250 (Me)
01 TTR125L (Wife)
01 CR 250 (kid)

kazarw

Feb 23, 2000
U2-

Which of the 3 plugs did you remove? There's one with a hex head under the front of the engine (with a screen attached to it). The second is above the gear shifter with a 13mm hex head bolt (also with a screen attached to it approx. 4" long screen) And last but not least is the real drain plug which is under the engine (of course!!) on the back left (clutch lever) side. The head of the bolt faces the rear of the motorcyle.

If you opened up that one and it just dripped your in for a world of trouble as your engine would be bone dry.

There are also two oil filters next to the starter on the left side of the engine. Check the sight glass on the lower right side of the engine by the brake lever for your actual oil level. Don't forget to be on level ground.

If your engine could run on no oil...that would surely make it a GREAT ENDURO BIKE!!!
wink.gif

------------------
01 520EXC
88 CR500 (sure will miss it!!)

Rocky Rockchucker says: "My sticks and stones (roost) will break your bones, AND you'll never pass me..."

spktm

Jun 5, 2000
That throttle play is for spodes who bobble around so they don't accidently launch themselves off the back of the bike, i suggest maybe increasing it another 1/4 inch or so

spktm

------------------

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Sounds to me like you loosened the crankshaft TDC locater on the front of the engine. It only bleeds out a little oil and then stops. This is NOT the drain plug. Get your hands on that manual immediatley.

------------------
President,ETRA.
'01 KTM520E,
'99 KTM200E,
'93 CR500R
enee,menee,minee,mo

U2leight

Nov 25, 2000
Thanks everybody! I knew I was going to sound stupid. There is plenty of oil in the engine, I wouldn't hit the black button if I was unsure of that. I didn't realize I had so many choices for drain plugs, and in a hurry to get to work I tried the wrong one(hex head with the screen) put it back went to work and posted this before being able to check any more. Thanks for the link on throttle adjustment you are helpful.
Spktm needs to show up on raceday instead of making excuses like kids birthday can't make it, but I would have won, you take my trophy!
eek.gif

------------------
MX #741
01 CR250 (Me)
01 TTR125L (Wife)
01 CR 250 (kid)

Top Bottom