`03 CR 250 jetting?? Running lean??

Jacob Hansen

Nov 15, 2004
Hey. Im a new member here at this forum,and im from Denmark in Europe.If the language is a little weird sometimes, that might be the reason. :-)
I just bought a `03 Cr250, and in Denmark it`s almost winter now. So the tracks are closed!! :ugg: But i had to try the bike because its my first 250ccm. I went to a huge construction area to try my new bike. I was impressed by the pull in the low end.. BUT now for the big question. my first impression of the bike was, NO TOP END??? i really dont think it`s much faster than my 125ccm when Reved out.! Thats not how it should be....is it?? Now I came to think about jetting.. There was enough pull in the low end, but if the bike is running lean, could i lean itself out in the top end.?

- Facts of the day: 3 degrees Celcius, (very cold). see level
I ran the stock 420 main jet. needle in the 2.clip from the top and airscrew 1.1/2 turn out. The bike seems to be pooring out gas when its not precisely upright. maybe the float is set wrong?? og could the reeds be chipped/cracked after only a year??

Could someone please send some help all the way to Denmark, and make my next impression with the 250 class more fun!! :nener:

Best Regards Jacob Hansen Denmark

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Sounds liek your flaot height is too high, also 250s dont feel fast if you overrev like a 125-they make no power at high revs, also your clutch could be slipping.

Jacob Hansen

Nov 15, 2004
Hey marcus...

Yeah sounds like the float level i wrong.. but can incorrect float level cause me to think that the bike is running lean in the top end? I never worked that much on carb. settings because it has never been a problem before..

best regards Jacob

yz250-effer

Nov 4, 2000
What is your elevation.

According to the guide in the handbook, if you are 1000-2500 feet, you should be running a 35 pilot, a 440 main, a 6BHY39-72 needle in the 3rd position, and air screw 1.5 turns out. At least for 3 degrees. Temp has a big unfluence on jettiing. The stock recommendations might be a little rich, but not too far off the ballpark? Either wait till the weather is fit to ride or re-jet? good luck.

Top Bottom