autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
ive noticed recently that my kx85 has been leaking some oil from the gear shifter area. the bike runs good and all but i dont know why it leaks. below are some pics of the issue.

this is after 3 days of letting the bike sit
image_zpsbd4619df.jpg

image_zpsa4dca65b.jpg

image_zpsf965ca2f.jpg

please help me out

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
Looks like you need to replace the shifter shalf seal. Its not a hard fix. Remove the bolt from shifter and pull the shifter off. Clean the area good with brake or carb cleaner. Remove the old seal. Most likley you can puck it out with a pick. Careful not to damage or scuff the shaft. Wrap the splined section of the shaft with black tape before installing the new seal so not to damage the new seal when installing it.
You may also need the counter shalf seal as it looks pretty oily. Good luck.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
autoc-o1 said:
okay thanks, anybody else agree with him?

Totally agree. :cool:

If it were mine, I would replace both the shift shaft seal and the countershaft seal.

Check out the Service Honda website link on the left side of the page. You can go there and find the part numbers for the seals or you could call your local dealer.

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
ive tried calling my local dealer and they were abit confused on the exact part im asking for..unfortunatley ive looked at the diagrams addont know what im looking for because its just pictures. can anyone give me the part numbers for the parts i need for my kx85 please

autoc-o1

Jul 28, 2012
okay so i changed the parts, but now something is messed with the gears!! i put the shifter back on exactly how it was before. when i put it in nuetral the bike will click into gear by itself sometimes and when i go to put it in gear it feels like its going to stall or take off. the bike ran amazing before i took the shifter off. its really pissing me off. any sugestions?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom