NacNac250F

Apr 15, 2003
I just got my 250F last October. Theres prolly about 25-30 hours on the bike. I was ridin it one day, it stalled, and then the kickstarter didnt move. So i found out that the timing chain gear on the crank was worn out REALLY BAD!! I kept up on the maintenance, but the metal shavings got in the oil pump and in the main bearing. Need a new piston and crank now. Anyone else expirience this problem yet?

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
I have read a few bottom rod bearing failures on the 03 yz250,but what it was is a bad crank pin.I have seen this first hand on a 10 hr yz with good maintenance practice.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I've had my '03 YZ250F since october its basically stock expect the vortex igntion I have on it now. I have say around 40 hrs mostly racing time on my bike all I've really done to it maintence wise is change the oil every 2 rides and air fliter is cleaned, been running in it the dumond tech 4 stroke oil. I just changed the fliter but the oil has come out clean everytime I haven't had any real problems with the bike other than the lame OEM CDI box miss problem. So far all it has needed is just the basic maintence.

Top Bottom