04 crf250r wont start need help im stumped

Feb 7, 2014
i have a 2004 crf 250r and i bought it not running about a week or 2 ago. i got it home and tried to start it and couldnt get it. then i sprayed in a little starter fluid and it started but after a little bit of running it, the exhaust was glowing red on the inside. so we shut it off and toojk it outside. got it started again after cleaning carb and the exhaust didnt turn red but the bike wouldnt stay running. as soon as you got into low rpms t uld shut off. after adjusting the idle alot, i figured it was valves. took the head off here were the results l intake was .004 and r intake was .003 r exhaust was .003 and l exhaust was .0025 exhaust valves wereay ot of spec. we got the valves to spec and i put it back together.....wouldnt start. so then timing was off, did timing. then i sprayed starter fluid in and it backfired out the intake and a flame started in the intake. happened 3 times and i still cant get the bike started and i have no other guesses to what the problem is! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?!!!?!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Modern 4-strokes will light that pipe-up big time. Nothing to worry about; it's normal.

The rest of the question will have to wait for someone more qualified than me.

Top Bottom