flattie

May 19, 2005
can anyone tell me what series pilot and main jets are in a 05-06 cr250r, need to order some jets but cant correct info anywhere!!!

flattie

May 19, 2005
not one single answer? mikuni makes several diff types someone please help! or can someone desribe to me what they look like?

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
Huh? for a TMX? I got mine at the Yamaha shop. The mains are the short hex type. The pilot is about 1 1/4" long threads towards the center. I believe a 96 YZ 125 use a similar carb. At least that's what a S-8 nozzle comes from. While on the subjet I think I've just about got my 03 CR250 lined out. 400 main 30 pilot S8 nozzle stock needle second postion. 50 tooth rear sprocket factory sound silencer and delta 2 v-force reeds. Oh and 40:1 using Shell 92 (best I can get here) and Honda Synthetic two stroke oil.

jrm

Apr 30, 2002
Look on the Service Honda website. They'll show all the optional jets for your CR and parts numbers. In fact, you can order them right off the website. Unless you're at a high altitude or have modified the bike, you shouldn't have to tinker too much. The 05s are pretty close out of the box.

flattie

May 19, 2005
stock is 40 pilot 420 main, way to fat, mine right out of the crate wont even idle, fouled plug second time i tryed to start it, nasty black plug

flattie

May 19, 2005
jrm said:
Look on the Service Honda website. They'll show all the optional jets for your CR and parts numbers. In fact, you can order them right off the website. Unless you're at a high altitude or have modified the bike, you shouldn't have to tinker too much. The 05s are pretty close out of the box.
my computer wont let me pull up the late model lists for the cr's. i just need the series numbers for the pilot jets, between the pictures listed on micro fishe and what the mikuni website says they are two diff possibilitys

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
The pilots for the new CR's are the new series - they will have a goove about .09" from the seat - most shops will give you the wrong one - the only sure way is to order from Honda or check them before you buy. I run 35 and 32.5 in my 05 ( 40:1 C12 Maxima K2 ). Mains are standard stuff.

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
motoguru said:
go down 1 size on the pilot and 2-3 sizes down on the main and 2nd cilp position
Yep, and I feel your pain I bought my bike as a left over in October it also fouled plugs. 420 main 35 pilot stock.....even in cold weather it would foul, but the humidity is high here.

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
flattie said:
hey oldfart613 if you got a spare laying around can you email me a pic of it thanks
motoxman1978@yahoo.com

I'll see if I can get that done this weekend - I have both styles - I'll shoot a picture side by side so you can see the difference - it's not obvious.

flattie

May 19, 2005
well i guess if i wasnt so lazy i could pull it a part first. lol my local shop has a jar full of jetts i have to sort through so i was trying to get an idea what to look for. thanks for the help guys

flattie

May 19, 2005
SQUIRLEYMOFO said:
but the humidity is high here.

were ya at in arkansas? your right the humidity is high, hard to jet correctly. i like those left over deals, i bought my 05 250 2 weeks ago for 4200! lovin it to i dont think any other manufactur could build a better bike!

oldfrt613

Feeble Sponsoring Member
Jun 29, 2005
The groove around the big diameter is the indicator for the new pilot jet, the metering diameter ( small diameter with all the holes ) is about .096" dia on the new jet, the older style is about .078" dia other than that, they appear to be the same. Ref info: big dia is about .196" dia and about .46" long then some threads then the metering portion, overall the jet is about 1.2" long. Main jet is the short hex type. Currently I am running a 400 main 32.5 pilot and a JD needle VP C12 ( 100% ) 40:1 Maxxima K2 in my modified '05 CR250R.

flattie

May 19, 2005
got my base line jetting set on my 05 cr250r

37.5 pilot
2nd clip on needle
72 deg
high humdity

and the dealer said i shouldnt have to re-jet it.......ahahahhahahahahahaahahahah
man my local dealership suks

SQUIRLEYMOFO

Jun 11, 2002
flattie said:
were ya at in arkansas? your right the humidity is high, hard to jet correctly. i like those left over deals, i bought my 05 250 2 weeks ago for 4200! lovin it to i dont think any other manufactur could build a better bike!
Fayetteville area....you got a better deal than I did. And lol on the three dealers I've been too. Tulsa dealer didn't have a 2 stroke on the floor except a CR85......said the jetting should be close as did the Ft smith dealer I bought mine from. Springdale dealer wouldn't talk to me LOL

Top Bottom