Donk2

Oct 1, 2018
Help my cr 250 keeps burning the plug out starts fine struggles to clear once clear usually fine always on the line and it starts to break down sounds electrical then dies put a new plug in then ok sometimes lasts a few races then does it again any ideas

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Start with the simple basic stuff first. Check the grounds for the electrical components. Aluminum frames have a tendency to corrode with dissimilar metals. Check the connectors between the stator and the CDI box. Pop them open, clean all the terminals and put them back together with dielectric grease so they resist corrosion from mud and water. Check eberything in the path all the way to the sparkplug, and then grab your service manual and check that the values listed for the various components in the system match the factory listed values.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You're welcome. Please let us know what you eventually find is the issue so everyone can learn from your experience.

Donk2

Oct 1, 2018
Gonna get the stator rewound see if that helps it’s wierd that it starts and runs fine with new plug br9eg for one race then starts ok for the next race then burns out very wierd cleaned carb all ok cleaned behind the coil with sandpaper

Donk2

Oct 1, 2018
Hi rich I’ve had the stator rewound coil checked new plug br9eg n8 it started fine did practice and first race all ok then got to the line and it went again can you check the cdi at all I’m running a fmf knarly and turbine core 2 silencer and it’s chucking black oil out of the tail pipe could it be jetting issues

Top Bottom