Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
The only reason is they have a surpluss of leftover '04s. If they brought in '05s they would be sitting on all of the '04s that are still in inventory. There weren't a lot of changes to the 2-strokes so it makes sense. That's how it was explained to me, anyways.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
My dealer said he could still get an 05 WR250 for anyone but it would have to be a special order and would take a couple of months to arrive.

Naturally, he wanted a hefty deposit.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
scottyr said:
My dealer said he could still get an 05 WR250 for anyone but it would have to be a special order and would take a couple of months to arrive.

That's what I'd be doing and I say that as an ex 04 owner. The 04's are great but the 05's are better.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
This was the reply I just received from Husqvarna USA. Man they wrote back quick! You gotta love that!

Britt,

Our reasoning is simple; The press strongly endorsed the 4-stroke product for the last several years, and in turn, the 2-stroke market has suffered. Husqvarna makes an excellent 4-stroke off road and MX race bike, (TE 450 - Cycle World's "Best Enduro bike of '04"), and we want to capitalize on the 4-stroke market now, and watch what the 2-stroke market does in the next year or two. If it looks like it will rebound, will bring in our 2-stroke models. Its that simple.

Rob Keith
GM, Husqvarna Motorcycles, N. Am.

bud

Jun 29, 1999
:think: Seems like the chances of the 2 stroke market rebounding are going to be limited if there's no 05's around.

pcahbrown

Nov 22, 2003
huskys in oz

We have all the 05 model huskys available here in Australia. CR and WR 250's as well as all the 4 strokes. there is already a rebound back to 2 stokes over here. people are realising that in order to make a 4 stroke competitive with a 2 stroke you have to thrash it to within a inch of its life which makes reliability a issue. if you do a valve on a 4 stroke you can kiss goodbye to $1500 . also if you have to have a 450 4 stroke in order to race with a 250 2 stroke which bike is the more effective at producing power . I my self will stick with my wr 360 .

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I think part of the problem as far as Husky goes is that they unfortunately still don't seem to have much of a dealer network. In my area I never see a Husky. I see some KTM's and even a couple of Gas Gas, but no Husky's.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
KX02 said:
I think part of the problem as far as Husky goes is that they unfortunately still don't seem to have much of a dealer network. In my area I never see a Husky. I see some KTM's and even a couple of Gas Gas, but no Husky's.

Here, we have two within about 50 miles of each other. The nearest one for me is about 6 miles and the guy who runs it is first rate. I feel that whatever you buy, you need to have dealer support you can rely on and if you do not have one in your area, you shouldn't buy one.
Gas Gas has an even smaller dealer network in my area, ( 1 shop about 40 miles away), and that one never seems to have any in stock. I can't say if they are a good dealer or not as I don't know them. Our local KTM dealership, (about 20 miles away), is also first rate. I have been seeing deals on the 04 KTM 250SX going for $4800. Man, that's cheap!

Britt

Top Bottom