angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Last year a few of us got in a 100 mile day on saturday. Is anyone willing to do that this year? I recomend strongly against staying out drinking beer until 2 am friday night like last year!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Jim, I'm game.  That is, if you and your fellow hard core types don't mind taking a few breaks while I catch up.    :cool:

happykelly

Oct 27, 2003
That is one of the best things about this ride, the amount of saddle time we get!!! Ret senior, you looked like you were haulin at Prarie City, I dont think we'll have to wait for you!

AMA District 36 Cross-Country #68

Thanks to my sponsors: Motorex, SIDI, Braking, Motion Pro, Cycra, Scott, 661

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
I ride about that in a YEAR! I don't think my carcass can do a ride of that distance, but it's REALLY TEMPTING!!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I think you guys *should* go for a 100 mile ride...

... 'cause then there would be more Mexican food for me at the buffet that night.... :confused:

Cheers! - RandyB

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Plus, I hear angryjim just upped his displacement to 250cc. The two of them and jim's angrybrother are starting to remind me of the Hansen brothers in Slapshot. Jim resembles the dark haired one, anyway.

D36-108A

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2002
A hunnert miles? Daaaay-umm, you guys got some big desert tanks.

When you factor in the Moonrocks whoops, that's really about 120 miles of monkeybutt.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I imagine we will do two loops of 50+ miles with a break back at Moonrocks. Unless Jim is thinking of a remote lunch/gas stop. There are endless possibilities up there.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
D36-108A said:
I still have the stock tank on my CR250 so I think I'm good for 40 miles (?) and a tow.

If you can make my 4 gallon WR tank fit your CR you can borrow it :moon:
I'm good for ~90 miles with my 3.4 gal YZ tank.

Brian

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Zio, I guess we're even for that Freddie Mercury comment awhile back.

I still have my 200 also, but I don't know which one I'll bring.

The whole 100 mile thing is just a target to shoot for. We did it last year, but you have to keep a decent pace and not lollygag around. I'll be honest, only 3 of us made it last year. Mr. WR almost destroyed his bike and himself and Dave blew up his CR. The challenge is to ride many miles but not just wide open fast roads. We put in most of those miles on single track, which is not as fast and more demanding. Plus, it needs to be fun for everyone.
I suggest anyone interested be at the staging area by 8:00 am. We should be riding by 9 at the absolute latest. The pace will vary, but anyone coming along should evaluate there riding level realistically. Even more importantly, you should de in good riding shape. The whoops will wear you down and make your shoulders sore and weak. I know most of the guys who have responded and I know all are capable of doing this ride. I would estimate 4 to 5 hrs of actual riding time. If Ray or Tim show up, make that 3 hrs :debil: .
We'll do more than 1 loop, but 40 miles of range may not be enough.
Checklist: Tool bag, water, snacks/power bar etc., full fuel tank, abillity to lift your bike up or over rocks, and as your mother always told you, a jacket.
See you all there!

bratt

Pain in da butt
Mar 22, 2002
Mick (Quick Mick) here .....Just got told to reply by Bratt to this and I'm in for this. The 525 loves that ****! Be good to haul some good miles! Was there last Sunday and it was just perfect. Be good to catch up with everyone now the shoulder is rock solid!
Thanks Bratt!

ConqSoft

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
angry jim said:
Last year a few of us got in a 100 mile day on saturday. Is anyone willing to do that this year? I recomend strongly against staying out drinking beer until 2 am friday night like last year!

I've done 700+ mile days.

(Oh, wait. That was on my street bike. :laugh: )

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Mick... you dog! Welcome back!

Look forward to riding with you at MR... Cheers! - RandyB

Top Bottom