Josh_mx

Feb 7, 2007
hello, I have a 1994 honda cr125 and was wondering what kind of radiator fluid and how much? same with the gear oil?

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
The manufacture specifies what type of coolant to run and I forget the name but it's the RED antifreeze. To determin how much just fill it till it can't hold any more then crank it and let it run for a min, then shut it off and check it again and add if neccessary. As far as the oil level in the trans case you fill it till the oil is almost up to the top of the little sight glass on the side of the gear box, you'll find this little sight glass usualy on the clutch side of the gear box.

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Every bike I have owned has had green antifreeze.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Josh_mx said:
I drained it today and it was green and not that much in there

Get antifreeze made for aluminum engines.

As for the oil level, it's probably around 650cc...

If you don't have a sight glass, there might be an odd looking bolt on the face of the clutch cover. If so, that is the level.. remove the bolt, fill until oil starts coming out. Replace that bolt, you are good to go. Also, try looking on the engine near the oil fill hole, it may just say how much oil to use.

XR250rdr

May 27, 2003
Go with the genuine Honda manual.

Honda sells pre-diluted coolant. It comes in quart bottles. You also cant go wrong running the Honda HP transmission fluid. It comes in a red bottle with a fill spout lid.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
50/50 antifreeze and water. Could up it to as much as 30/70 antifreeze/water if you're in a very hot area and need the cooling. Premixed coolant is available.

Make sure the anti freeze you buy is safe for aluminum engines.

It should only be about a half gallon of coolant water mix to fill the system.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
It's considered rude here to continually post the same questions in different forums..

You posted this exact same question 6 minutes later in the 2 stroke forum. Have some patience. Not everyone on here is like me. A complete slacker with no life. Some of them have jobs, wives, kids, and other stuff they call lives.

If you don't get an answer within 5 minutes of posting, go find something to do for a while. Your answer will come.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I think you don't really understand how this site works then.

It's a fair bet that most people on here don't read just one single forum.

I am only giving you a friendly warning. Some of the mods can be a bit
less forgiving.

Top Bottom