unclefista240

Apr 23, 2007
i am currently working on a 2003 cr125 that apparently has a 134 kit. it looks like a piece is missing and i cant find a manual. (also when eric goor does work on somthing like this does he put #s on the cyl. it has a assload of #s on it ill post them later) i think maybe it has the larger exhaust valve stop installed but cant find any pics of stock or otherwise. anyway the rod that actuates the valves is super stiff esp for a 125 but again im new to this model. it did get me to thinking how easily my exhaust valve vents. at idle i can feel the air from the vent hole. it seems to run fine and i havnt tried to adjust it from stock yet, i just dont remember it bieng that way when i replaced everything. the cyl and valves were almost new an i went ahead and replaced the springs. the only thing i didnt replace was the governer in the cases. does it seem normal to vent at low (barely) idle?

unclefista240

Apr 23, 2007
no cant find a manual for some reason there either back ordered or outrageous on the price for a copy, which i dont trust. i measured the bore&piston and its got a wiseco 56mm overbore kit in it so... were the orig cyl.s alu.? this ones steel and the exhaust bridge is trashed but everything else is good in the cyl. it runs ok except for the rattle. absolutely no low end with a super upper mid hit. the owner is super new and is gonna ride trails mostly so it seems to be set up ok with a v-force block and the overbore. its got a stopper pin of some sort of screw w/ no head on the screw.so from everything ive read it would have been ok with a gearing change, i just dont know how much he wants to spend to restore it to overbore or put it back to stock then have a bike w/ no power down low. i was hoping to find out what all the #s mean to see if its under warranty somewhere.

unclefista240

Apr 23, 2007
yeah my bad i thought because a magnet stuck to the inside of the cyl. it was steel upon closer inspection its just alum. overbore. anyway its trashed i put a new ring in it and he's decided to ride it till its dead then rebuild it back to stock. he wants a trail bike so i'll just drop a tooth on the front and try to get it jetted after he decides what all to put on it.

Top Bottom