zorlac_147

~SPONSOR~
Jan 31, 2001
rm

these answers can be gotten easily and accurately at a authorized suzuki dealership they have detailed service manuals I had a 97 98 and 99 But I would not dare to guess on those questions. hope this helps.

Nathan
01 cr 250

HONDA65

~SPONSOR~
Mar 4, 2000
96 RM

If memory serves me correct (and at my age, it doesn't always) the stock jetting was:

Main 172
pilot 48
needle 1467N
Slide #5 (not positive on this)

Most people were changeing the needle to a 1468N (leaner 1/4 throttle), raising the main to a 178, and lowering the pilot to a 42 - 45. As far as float height, I'd call the dealer

Mickey Fickey

Oct 4, 2000
Thanks guys. I asked the dealer and they said Suzuki didn't give them that information. I used to own the service manual, but I lost it (long story) I ended up finding out the float height online. Whats this sound like to you guys??? Just redid the top end after sitting for a while. Fired right up and wouldn't idle. As long as you kept pressure on the throttle it would run like it was idling, but you let off and it would instantly die. After the idle periods I took it out to ride it and it ran for a few minutes and then died out. I took the plug out blew on it and it fired up in 1 kick and died after 1 second BoohBoohBooh is the sound it made. Took the plug out blew on it, fired up in 1 kick and died the same way. I'm thinking float height, any suggestions?

RM 2 fif T

Jul 17, 2004
I have a 96 rm 250 and i have the manual also. It says the stock jetting is......
Main jet: 172
Jet needle: R1467NS- 3rd
Slow: 58
Air screw: 1-3/4 turns out
Cut away: #5

Standard float height is 16.0mm (.63 inches)

Hope this helps

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom