junior64

Jul 30, 2006
Hey I'm new to this forum. I just got a smokin deal on a 1996 rm250. Its like new. I paid 1000 for it. Guy just wanted to get rid of it. I grew up on dirtbikes but moved to atvs. It has been sitting for a while. Does anyone know if its a good bike? Its mint, it rips, and I'm excited about it. I'm really a Honda man but grew up with YZ dirtbikes. Rode some RM's in my day. Just wanted some unbiased, non brand loyal opiniona. Thanks guys!!!

Hooner33

Jul 17, 2006
Hey, I bought a 97 RM250 off one of the firefighters I work with, and man was I impressed. I also grew up riding honda and there really not a big diff. Unless your talking life of motor. I bought my rm for 1500 with everything on the damn thing.
Has tech care suspension, pro cir pipe/ silencer, renthal bars, renthal sprocket. the whole nine yards. And he had it for ever and only was riding it for 10 hours ever since he head tyhe thing. Happy, YES!

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
my 96 rm250 I had was a great bike and never gave me any problems once it was jetted correctly. Only thing that was wierd is the forks seemed to feel like they were caving in when hitting decent sized jumps but it turned like it was on rails when I rode woods.

hks308

Mod Ban
Jun 4, 2006
yea, i don't know if your deal was that great, but i guess it was ok compaired to mine. i got a 03 rm 250 for 1200 with fmf fatty and weisco piston, pro tapers, new graphics kit, 2 extra sprokets and chains, and a bunch of extra stuff. nothing wrong with bike since.

Kevin003

Jul 5, 2005
Ryan12833 said:
he deal was excellent and yours was just stupid good. I would resell the 03 for more and get a better bike.
Whats wrong with a 250 thats only 3yrs old? Unless you have some personal experience with suzuki i see no reason to resell such an amazing deal.

sick 96 250

Damn Yankees
Jul 16, 2004
his price was reasonable for the 96, just because a bike is newer or older doesnt mean anything. I have seen plenty of 02+ bikes and my 99 is cleaner and better maintained then all of them so it can flip either way. But back on topic 96 RM's were fun just like i stated above

Top Bottom