Ray RM250

Dec 14, 2015
Hey guys, new to this site as well as my 1999 RM250. I have had all the electrical including plug cap, coil, kill switch, etc replaced and still no spark. The only thing left (per the mechanic) is the CDI box that ranges from 460-560 bucks. Is there any way to test the CDI box. The mechanic is well trusted although does not work for a dealer. He has been wrenching on bikes and quads for a long time and states that he has gone through the wiring multiple times to make sure he is not missing something. I just want to be sure before I spend all that money as the CDI box is non-returnable. Any help or suggestions would be great, I just want to hear the thing start!

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
disconnect the stator/magneto coil from the CDI and use an analog volt meter to test for 30 volts when kicking the engine over with the spark plug out. If it's there then disconnect the CDI from the high voltage coil and hold the CDI output wire while touching engine bare metal and turn the engine over slowly and then faster and faster till you feel a small jolt. If you never feel anything then the CDI is bad.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom