whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Chaos in Cali? RV aggravates an earlier injured knee(Thursday?), done for the season. Grant gets a 2nd moto win, 1 position penalty for not keeping his wheels on the ground, on a yellow, and it puts Reed on the 3rd OA podium! He did not get there by himself. Alessi finally gets an overall? Tedesco gets a second! Cooper and Reardon are getting warmed up? Put Millsaps on the injured also? Poor Nolaw can not catch a break? That was a really strange live event. Watching the first motos on the net, audio only for the second set, then waiting for the broadcast damn near put me to sleep! The track, once again, looked killer, and like I have not seen a better looking Hangtown track before? Now, about the lites race? Ahhh come on Tuesday!

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
That sucks that RV is out. Think this could have been his year. I laughed when he said he was pulling for Reed! Alessi is riding fast and smart. I'm banking on him to take the title now. Grant won't get the starts to stay up front and although he is a great rider I don't think he is consistent enough to pull through the pack on the bad days. I think he lets his emotions get in the way so he still has some growing up to do. Interesting season so far!

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'm thinking M Alessi must have received some PR schooling (RC too?) when going to Suzuki, I'm starting to kinda' like him... maybe.
Bummer about Villa-moto. :bang:

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Just awful that RV is out. Guess I will be pulling for Alessi and Grant. One thing is for sure it's anybody's title now.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
Don't rule out Tedesco either. This may be the best chance he has had in years! If he doesn't step it up then he just isn't hungry for it anymore. I was surprised they didn't point out Nolaw's incident too. Must be Karma cause that kid can't get a break.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Sucks for RV.

Still, it should be a great summer of racing for the fans!

I think Alessi is now the favorite on the big bikes, but Grant, Short and Tedesco will be hot on his heels. One DNF for Alessi and it is on!

Short and Tedesco have to dig themselves out of the hole they got in at Glen Helen (I think Short's bike gave up on him in Moto 2), but it's a long season. Chad has the speed, but his starts have been horrible!

Another guy to watch is Dan Reardon. He may not win one, but he is riding well and has a chance to finish top 5 on the season and earn a factory ride.

Sounds like Ferry's bad luck and injuries continue. Is this the end of the line for the Red Dog? Hard to keep a spot in the factory trailer for him based on his '09 SX and MX seasons. With Ryan out and Ferry hurting, what does Kawi do?

Dungey and Pourcel will go at it in the 250 class. Barcia has amazing speed - I expect him to take at least one overall this year. Canard does not look like a threat at this point, but he should get better. I think Rattray will also continue to improve.

Could be two outdoor titles for Suzuki this year...

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
Who do you guys think Kawi will get? I can't imagine them just hauling the truck around with no riders. Bring back Hamblin,give an unknown a chance???? What say you?

TRexRacing

Jul 23, 2002
I think it's open season on the title.Will be a great season.Seems like a bad economy makes for great racing,F1,Moto GP,250GP,WSB and the outdoors.Cool at least there's one upside to being unemployed and unable to race myself.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
dirt bike dave said:
I think Alessi is now the favorite on the big bikes, but Grant, Short and Tedesco will be hot on his heels. One DNF for Alessi and it is on!

Aww come on, Speedy Reedy will eventually be in the mix too. He puts together plenty of fast laps (in practice and the motos) and closes strong at the end of the races.... just needs to get a good start and charge hard in the opening laps, and he will be a title contender too. The Makita Suzuki team is sitting pretty with the exit of RV.

And RV.... what a bummer.... after winning the MX championship all 3 years in Lites, 250, whatever you want to call it... then going 1-1 at Glen Helen, reeling in Alessi from a 16 second gap!! He was starting to look like RC out there. Tough break! :|

And poor Grant, he put up a serious fight to hold off Alessi for that moto win, including one of the most insane "running man" saves I have ever seen, and held the lead, and kept charging!! All to get docked for a very questionable deal, since the flagger on Grant's side had the regular solid yellow flag (caution rider down, but you can jump/double), and the flagger on the far side of the jump had the new yellow/red (keep the wheels on the ground). Might be something worth an appeal.... not only did Grant lose his moto win, but he also lost 6 points to Alessi for the championship over the whole thing.

I gotta say, after the first two rounds, this has been one of the most fun and unpredictable outdoor series for both classes in a long time! And how about Barcia!! After the first three motos, the rookie led like 90% of the laps, in a stacked field!! But Dungey is going to be tough to beat for the championship, although I bet we will see at least 5-6 different moto winners in the 250 class this year, maybe more!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
LEllis7motox said:
If you mean you wanted to see what happened it shows it at the very END of this video http://www.allisports.com/videos/racer-x-450-post-show-0

Thanks for the link!

That was so blatant, he had no choice but to pull over and let the pack go past. That was even worse than cutting the track at the start of the Daytona SX (for which he did not get penalized but gained a huge advantage).

kawraper

Mar 4, 2009
Reed doesnt look like the fastest out there but he is mister consistency! Its a good card to play.....if he keeps doing what hes doing and Allesi bobbles and doesnt podium a few times reed will be right there. Should make for an interesting season.

Sucks for RV and the kaw team, i was really looking forward to watching him dominate. Maybe kaw will pick stewart back up.....LOL!

I cant wait for the day RV and Stewart battle it out.....thats really what I wanted to see :(

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Reed's biggest problem has been his starts. Once he sorts that out, he'll be right there.

I was a little surprised Villopoto could not find a green bike to cheer for, so he's pulling for Reed. And Yamaha must love the fact that Bubba is coaching Alessi.

What a crazy year, and its only Round 2.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Does Nolaw have one of them California pot machines in his truck, or what? Sure hope Barcia and Stroupe are okay. They said that Barcia got up and was kicking his f, Stroupe was questionably moving? At first, it seemed JG seen the flag too late, second view says the g out pulled his head down. One guy standing on the inside? The guy making these calls(docking Grant and not crushing Reeds mouth last sx season), must be hanging at Nolaws pot machine?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
So, what happened in the lites? Did Barcia and Stroupe crash together, or separately? At least they showed the 250's on 250 day this week! This Weigant guy is not the guy I thought he was, I was hoping he was the guy from the arenacross broadcasts?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
nikki said:
And poor Grant, he put up a serious fight to hold off Alessi for that moto win, including one of the most insane "running man" saves I have ever seen, and held the lead, and kept charging!! All to get docked for a very questionable deal, since the flagger on Grant's side had the regular solid yellow flag (caution rider down, but you can jump/double), and the flagger on the far side of the jump had the new yellow/red (keep the wheels on the ground). Might be something worth an appeal.... not only did Grant lose his moto win, but he also lost 6 points to Alessi for the championship over the whole thing.

He might want to look at version #2 of the incident in this clip before he parts with any money for an appeal.

http://mxsportsproracing.com/hangtown-red-yellow.wmv

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Chili said:
He might want to look at version #2 of the incident in this clip before he parts with any money for an appeal.

http://mxsportsproracing.com/hangtown-red-yellow.wmv

Ahh, the things you don't see on the tv coverage!! I take it back, looks pretty "guilty" to me. And here I was thinking it was late it the race, all he saw was the regular yellow, sun setting in their eyes, etc...

Racer X has an interview with Reed asking about this incident, and Reed said he would have jumped it too, until he saw Alessi roll it. Reed suggested just using the white red flag cross, instead of this new yellow/red. I wonder what all of the lites riders (and teams) think that were docked too.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
No kidding...changes everything IMO...seems quite obvious to me...I think we cut these guys a lot of slack to begin with. They are pros, and therefore know how to ride, know the rules, and shouldn't be too busy to see a flag and rcognize it. This is totally different than some 18 year old amateur who's overly excited and has a brain fart...guilty and he knew it.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
A big part of the issue is the riders have gotten away with ignoring these flags for an eternity, that and the fact that the yellow means nothing more than pay closer attention while you still run at mach 9 at the Pro level.

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
Chili said:
A big part of the issue is the riders have gotten away with ignoring these flags for an eternity, that and the fact that the yellow means nothing more than pay closer attention while you still run at mach 9 at the Pro level.

+1 :cool: I think rider could have cared less about yellow flags before the new rules.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom