2stroker_88

Jan 3, 2009
Hey all. In the future i'm looking at getting a Pro Circuit Works / Platinum chamber for my '01 YZ 125, and am wondering what type of maintenance is required of them. I know the Works pipe are prone to surface rust because of their bare metal finish, wheras the Platinum is nickel plated but it would be nice to keep any rust off that too.

So what can be done to these pipes to keep them in good finish? Can WD-40 or water displacing products be effective? Cheers!

skos

Jan 24, 2009
My 1998 has some surface rust. I just wipe it down with some oil from my oil change when I do an oil change. You would think it would smoke or cause some issues by I have been doing it for years with out any issues

Kawi4life

Feb 21, 2005
skos said:
My 1998 has some surface rust. I just wipe it down with some oil from my oil change when I do an oil change. You would think it would smoke or cause some issues by I have been doing it for years with out any issues

WD40 evaporates quick as the motor/pipe warms up. I actually have always used it even on the painted pipes and now my 4-stroke KX450f - it just keeps metal looking new - it's almost like a metal conditioner, lol.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Yeah, WD or silicone spray will work well to repell moisture. I always spray mine down when it's gonna sit for a while, just wipe the excess of before you ride it. With the nickle plated pipes as long as you clean and dry it after riding it will be fine. They really only rust of you leave mud on them.

Top Bottom