kjchmay

Sep 9, 2009
Any one know what the upper fork diameter is on a 2000 XR100. Building a pit bike and trying to fit different forks and triple claps together

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Here's a little secret, measure them. If you don't have calipers basic math will easily get you there if you have a cloth tape measure you can wrap it around the leg and measure the circumference, or you can measure the diameter at the top of the leg. Nothing wrong with asking it's easy which is the American way but there is some job satisfaction in doing it yourself you can then a confirmation answer if you feel the need.

kjchmay

Sep 9, 2009
Patman said:
Here's a little secret, measure them. If you don't have calipers basic math will easily get you there if you have a cloth tape measure you can wrap it around the leg and measure the circumference, or you can measure the diameter at the top of the leg. Nothing wrong with asking it's easy which is the American way but there is some job satisfaction in doing it yourself you can then a confirmation answer if you feel the need.

Well, thanks for your BS responce. If I had a pair of them, I am more than capable of determine the diameter. I am building a pit bike and am trying to determine what forks to use. I need to know the diameter for the triple clamps. So know you can take your foot out of your mouth.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
To expand your options how about giving the measurement of the clamps and asking what fork legs would fit? Might even find somebody that has some sitting around looking for a home.

kjchmay

Sep 9, 2009
Patman said:
To expand your options how about giving the measurement of the clamps and asking what fork legs would fit? Might even find somebody that has some sitting around looking for a home.

It is a 1976 XR75 and I am mixing several parts form several different years/manufactures and having to fabricate numerous things.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom