marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would wait untiol 2002 as the new model will have vastly better suspension at least maybe better steering as well.

------------------

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Marcus, do you think the 2002's will such a vast improvement that a great deal on a new 01 would be wise to pass up? My dealer has several new 01's and he wants to sell me one real bad.

------------------
"Nature Boy"

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Why has he got 01 left??he is in the business to sell you his present models.I think in years to come the pre 2002 models will be hard to sell as they have dated suspension.The 01 fork is similar to what was on a 95 KX.Its very hard to get the 98-01 suspension to be plush and still absorb bumps.

------------------

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Marcus, what info do you have about what might change from a 01 to an 02? Suspension stuff or more redesign or...? Are the 02 KTM's going to get the 48mm WP? Don't leave us hanging.

------------------

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Ive know the 2002 will have the SXS suspension offered as an option this year and it was being set up by a works WP technician as far back as Novemeber.I expect it to be far superiour to the 01.Ive read that they will also come with 18mm offset triple clamps but im not positive on this.As a side note i prefered the 2000 tank seat assembly to the 01.My perfect bike would be an 02 with 18mm clamps and 2000 seat/tank assembly but we often dont get what we wish for
frown.gif

------------------

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Yeah if my wishes were granted I'd have MC's riding skills, a trophy wife and about $10 million in the bank, but...
Thanks for the info Marcus, KTM looks like a good choice for 02. Do you think the new clamps(if used) will get MXA to quit complaning?

------------------

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
Marcus, are these changes going to be limited to the SX model? Any chance the EXC and MXC's will see sny of these changes? Will they ever get the new SX shrouds and maybe a different tank?

------------------

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I dont think the EXC/MXC will get the 48mm fork but should get the same internals.Not sure about the shock or rad scoops.

------------------

Top Bottom