2001 cr250 float adjustment? and trans oil?

nova2only

Oct 27, 2009
ima bout to put my carb back together and was wondering what the float height is and where you measure it from? and also what is the best oil to run in the transmission? thanks

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Honda HP tranny oil

For the float, look at the where the pin in the needle starts to move. You want that just about 1mm lower than the floats being level with the bottom of the carb. Then test it to make sure the bowl is not more than 3/4s full

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
There is no "best" oil, it's been beaten to death about 1.5 trillion times. Find something you are happy with and use it. I use Type F ATF in all my 2 strokes and have with great results for years. I know people that have used Rotella or Delo diesel oil and had nothing but good things to say as well. Then there are the people that swear by....

nova2only

Oct 27, 2009
what i meant to say was is there a certain type of oil you have to use but i guess i just worded it wrong. im thinkin about using rotella t 15w 40 since a have some already. will 10w 30 work good too?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Go back and re-read my response and see if you can figure out your answer.

nova2only

Oct 27, 2009
yes, you gave me good brands. i was asking what weight i should run 10w30 15w40 ect... cause i have rotella but if 10w30 is better ill get that. or does it really matter. thats all im asking

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
:bang: :bang: :laugh:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
How is that easy? What if the nearest dealer is 3 hours away? What's easy about overpaying for a product? Easy is finding the product that does the job, is reasonable to purchase and reasonably easy to locate. In most cases Type F ATF is vastly easier to find & loads less expensive. Same applys to Rotella & Delo diesel oils.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom