2001 KDX 220 in the woods - Video

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
The KDX 220/200 is one of the best woods bikes ever made! Very easy to ride. People love to trash them but they are fooling themselves. I "upgraded" to a KTM and was no faster, if anything I was slower and a lot more broke. Sold it and still have the 03' KDX 220.

Rippy

Jun 6, 2020
The KDX 220/200 is one of the best woods bikes ever made! Very easy to ride. People love to trash them but they are fooling themselves. I "upgraded" to a KTM and was no faster, if anything I was slower and a lot more broke. Sold it and still have the 03' KDX 220.
Hey Brother I couldnt agree more. I am fairly green to it as its been a long while since I have ridden but I recently picked up a KDX220r 2001. I was going to pick your brian about it if that is ok? 1. Did you find that you had to change the stock piston to something better? I am hearing a lot of that. 2. The little black cap with the small clear glass window (looks like gear oil location) am I correct or ? 3. What gear oil you use and how often you change it? 4. Recommented handle bars and bark busters. thanks much dude. Ride safe.

Rippy

Jun 6, 2020
Wait..who trashes these? I have yet to hear anything bad as a matter of fact I hear awesome things about them

MoonStomper

Sep 23, 2020
I haven't heard of anyone 'trashing' them. Usually when I show up for hare scrambles with mine I either get, 'hey man, cool bike', or 'bro I had one of those and sold it, wish I still had it though!' or just nervous glances. This thing always finishes and usually in the top half of the field if I can hang on.

Top Bottom