zackbrappp44

Sep 4, 2019
Michigan
I have a 2001 kx125 this is running what pro Circuit recommend for jetting (I have a platinum pipe), but the bike seems to run rich in the low rpms and then up top it seems to have sudden surges once in a wile when I do a pull. I don’t want to ride the bike if it is going to damage the motor because I just got it rebuilt. I did monkey with the carb so the float bowl could be my problem but I would appreciate any input. Also I live in Michigan so it is low in altitude.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I have a 2001 kx125 this is running what pro Circuit recommend for jetting (I have a platinum pipe), but the bike seems to run rich in the low rpms and then up top it seems to have sudden surges once in a wile when I do a pull. I don’t want to ride the bike if it is going to damage the motor because I just got it rebuilt. I did monkey with the carb so the float bowl could be my problem but I would appreciate any input. Also I live in Michigan so it is low in altitude.
Monkey on the float bowl? Eh? You have to correctly set the float height, Your manual will show you the correct procedures for it. Hint, bending the little tab above the needle controls the fuel flow and fuel shutoff points. Low altitude? Y'all flying an airplane or copter? I reckon you are refering to Mean Sea Level. Msl for short. Jetting is offered to areas across the globe accordingly. Higher altitudes need more air, its less dense up there, so motors huff and puff until more fuel and air is added. Get a jetting chart and match it to your altitude or elevation and go from there, its better to have a rich air fuel mixture than too lean, or you will be using your piston as a cool shop project ash tray. LOL! So grab y'all manual now, and listening to some creol now!

Top Bottom