zackbrappp44

Sep 4, 2019
Michigan
I cannot get my rear brakes to work right on my kx125. I got new pads installed them, bleed the brakes, and the pads still do not compress against the rotor tight enough and when they are semi compressed they don’t return so the brakes are always kinda engaged. I didn’t do anything special to bleed the brakes just pumped them up and then squirted some of the fluid out of the valve on the top of the caliper. Also my rotors at within spec, some please help because I am out ideas.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
I cannot get my rear brakes to work right on my kx125. I got new pads installed them, bleed the brakes, and the pads still do not compress against the rotor tight enough and when they are semi compressed they don’t return so the brakes are always kinda engaged. I didn’t do anything special to bleed the brakes just pumped them up and then squirted some of the fluid out of the valve on the top of the caliper. Also my rotors at within spec, some please help because I am out ideas.
Did you replace your break pins? I bet they have grooves worn on their surface, get some new pins and go from there. Sometimes the pistons get rusty and jam up in their bores, you might try to clean them with some polish, carefully slide them out partially and push back the rubber seals, then clean as much gunk off, and polish em up....

Top Bottom