Fastest

Aug 1, 2010
Hey guy's looking for some help. I got a good deal on a 2001 yz85 for my son and tore into it last night. It had zero compression so I removed top end. Upon this I found the piston had burned a hole through right above and below ring. This caused some damage to the cylinder. Can you help me with some info and options?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Get a factory Yamaha service manual, site sponsor Service Honda can help with this and parts for you blue bike as they are Service Powersports.

Need to get the cylinder bored? Eric Gorr. He IS the man and if you spend a little quality time answering honestly his questions you will have a great final product.

Fastest

Aug 1, 2010
yz85

Patman said:
Get a factory Yamaha service manual, site sponsor Service Honda can help with this and parts for you blue bike as they are Service Powersports.

Need to get the cylinder bored? Eric Gorr. He IS the man and if you spend a little quality time answering honestly his questions you will have a great final product.
How do I get in touch with Eric? Can I send him the cylinder?

Fastest

Aug 1, 2010
Man you are a great help and I appreciate your input on my issue. Thank you very much and I will contact him soon.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
email or phone him early in the morning, since he does his own work he doesn't answer every call the moment it comes in.

Top Bottom