keithcr250r

Apr 18, 2007
hey all,

just wondering if there are any mods i can do to get a noticable power difference? piston etc . unlike most storys on here my 426 is reliable and i love riding it compared to my cr250..also if i want more top end is it more or less teeth on sprocket.. any info appreciated TIA

zaneyzrex

Jan 9, 2007
normal hop ups for your bike, air filter,pipe,etc...
as for more top speed thats gonna be
down in back , up in front - 1 down in front = 3 up in back

zaneyzrex

Jan 9, 2007
regal21guy said:
i believe that ratio for more top speed would be a fewer less on the rear and 1 or 2 more on the front

ya thats what i told him but im betting the way i worded it confused ya. the first part is for more top end and the second part is for more bottom end. (up in front/down in rear is what he wants) i only gave the 1 in front to 3 in back to give him something to judge it by.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Best way to get power in the bike is first fix the jetting! The 426 was jetted pretty poorly from the factory.

Do a search on the forums. It has been gone over many times.

riot983

Feb 12, 2008
Power Core 4, Jets, Good and clean air filter. I am eventually getting more teeth on rear sproket. Im 16 and just switched from ttr-125L to the beastly 2001 yz426f. Got it for $1900. Runs like a raped ape. The mods i mentioned help noticibly.

Top Bottom