marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
2002CR125 dyno charts are up in the members area
The bike is modded with this set up
2001 V force set to high tension
38mm TMX carb
SST pipe with doma tailpipe
Head modified for smaller squish band width and more volume in the head.
Powervalves modded to Wes Gilberts spec from Rich R picture
Powervalve stop pin 7mm in OD fitted to alter blow down timing
Wulf iginition.
No reed spacer

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Marcus,
It's pretty amazing what that ignition does. Sounds like you are ready to spank the ..hum other color ones. ;) It was great to see what different mods did to the dyno curve.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
yep seb at one stage it was only giving 31.6hp with:
vertex piston
38mm carb
v force
head mods
p/valve mods
sst front pipe and a doma tailpipe
same mods with the wulf ignition on the torque curve and i have 34.4hp-big difference.One engine would have been crap the other the dyno guy said could win a amature chapionship

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
This is wild! That ignition is definily trick. How do you switch from the torque mode to another. Is there more modes? Like a detuned one for starts where you don't want too much wheelspin...etc. Also I just found out today about the PV mod in Rich's photos. (Photo) This must be a job to grind. Was it easy? Did you remove as much as on the picture? I'm starting to look at mine with some ideas...know what I mean:confused:

Last edited:

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The ignition comes with 2 curves activated by a switch-one rev mode,one torque.Yes the valves were a PIA to grind-took about 45minutes.I followed the drawing excatly and one fitted it saw they niw follow the shape of the port roof nicely.You have to grind back the little bearing housing the PV rod slides into as well-you will see it when you take the cylinder off.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Marcus I would love to see you test the standard flat-top piston against a domed piston. Eric likes a dome piston for top-end, but there are some other tuners that say the flat-top makes the most peak power. I know this is expensive and if you can't no big deal, but if you can great!

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
Cr man i would like to try more stuff but to be honest im looking for more power from 8K downwards-i belive a good 125 should have 15hp at 7k,20hp at 8k ,25hp at 9k,30hp at 10k, 35hp at 11k,then good overev.If you could beuild that engine you have a winner.Mine is almost there but below 8k its not up to scratch.Also this dynoing isnt cheap-the dyno time was £40 and with £15 of fuel and the hassle of swapping to a road tyre and back to nobblies i can only do it a couple of times a year.:whiner:

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
I did not know you were paying for the dyno time I thought a friend of yours had it. Anyway it's something I would like to see from an unbiased point of view you can't believe the Magazines over here advertising dollars usually win out. Anyway Marcus I do love when you post your dyno results and it does sound like your after the ideal 125 engine!

Top Bottom