k2wdf

Nov 8, 2009
i was out on my kx125 yesterday and every time i came to a complete stop the bike would just cut out but would start no problem right away, but after being out on the bike for about 30 mins i came to a stop and it cut out but wouldnt start again,it was low on fuel so i thought this was the problem,filled it up with fuel and it wouldnt start so opened up the throttel and it started after a couple of kicks but sounded a bit rough,the pipes at the underside of the bike seemed to be letting out a large a mount of fuel (puddel of fuel) after using the bike for about 30 mins again the bike started to splutter then eventually cut out and will not start now,looked at the spark plug and it looked wet with black oil im a novis at this so any help will be great but try not to be too technical :whoa:

thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Get a new plug and a can of good carburator cleaner. Replace the plug then take the carb apart and clean every passage, jet, and surface until it is spotless. Check the float valve seat to make sure it is still soft and not worn, reset the float height to stock specifications and reassemble it. Chances are good it will fire right up and run better than you ever remember. If you have no idea how to properly do this PLEASE buy a factory (not Haynes or Chilton) service manual for you bike! Service Honda have them for all flavors of bikes and they support this site. The book will make everything perfectly clear and make trouble shooting MUCH easier. I've been messing with mechanical stuff all my life and I still will always pick up a factory manual for my machines.

Check this as well http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?t=171123

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Which "pipe"? Since you live in I Don't Know it is hard for me to tell if you mean "pipe" = exhaust system or "pipe" = hose from the carb since I have friends from both UK and Aussieland that have refered to a hose as a pipe.

k2wdf

Nov 8, 2009
its the hoses/pipes on the underside of the bike that point to the ground,the is a bout 5 of the that all sit together on the underside,its here the fuel is puring from, sorry im not too technical but im new to all of this.

thanks

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
k2wdf said:
its the hoses/pipes on the underside of the bike that point to the ground,the is a bout 5 of the that all sit together on the underside,its here the fuel is puring from, sorry im not too technical but im new to all of this.

thanks

just do what patman said. your float is probably sticking, so clean the carb and check the float height.

k2wdf

Nov 8, 2009
this might sound daft but how do you check the float height and where is it you check???im not clued up at all and dont have a manuel yet.

thanks

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Did you even click the link?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Silly me the answer is an obvious NO! See if you had you would have seen a link to the PDF of the carburator section in Eric Gorrs book. Sorry I can not and will not help those that don't want to help themselves. I see no point in retyping what is already in a much beeter format and with pictures from a world known expert.

Do yourself a huge favor and pic up a FACTORY KAWASAKI SERVICE MANUAL as well as the paper version of Eric's book. Both WILL make life a lot easier and it's not like the knowledge in Eric book is specific to that one bike, even what you learn from the factory book will spply to other bikes. PLEASE do not post looking for a free PDF version! BUY IT.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
I have an '03 125 KX ..the carb overflow hoses on that thing overflowed from new. I just recently replaced the needle valve assembly .. it's sold as a capsule complete with seat (the parts diagram is a bit misleading). This could be the problem - but maybe it's only a start to your investigation.

Look at the carb fische/diagram...

Last edited:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
BTW - If you do get a new needle valve, make sure to get the little O-Ring that seals the assembly. It only costs pennies ..

Top Bottom