Flat Spot

May 6, 2009
I just purchased a 2003 Yamaha YZF450 and want to replace all the body parts on the bike as the current ones are broken or faded. I found a site that will sell me the Blue OEM parts I need for $200, but I wanted to know if the newer White body parts would fit on my bike.

Also, does anyone know where else I might look for these pieces?

bwood

Mar 21, 2004
Instead of looking at OEM, you can get aftermarket (Acerbis, UFO, Polisport, Cycra) from most anywhere in an array of colors for much cheaper. About $130 is average for a set of plastic (front # plate, side panels, rad shrouds and fenders). I'm just guessing that the plastic from any steel framed YZF450 might fit? I think the 07 was the first year for white as an option.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
03-05 are the only years that fit. 250f/450f bikes.

You can find aftermarket plastic for just over $100 for a complete kit minus like the number plate or fork guards. Check on motosport.com for good pricing.

if you change the plastic color, you will still have a blue tank. keep that in mind. You can get an aftermarket tank in different colors, but add another $200 to that. And no, the newer 06+ plastics will not fit

Flat Spot

May 6, 2009
I ended up buying all new OEM pieces and the price was decent. I should have them next week to start on restoration project.

Now I'm looking at a new chain and rear 50t sprocket. Just need to decided which ones to go with.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
EK MRD chain

Sprockets, your best bet is steel. But the renthalls and protapers seem to hold up pretty well for aluminum units.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom