Marceloos22

Aug 21, 2019
My12 year old son put to much oil in his dirt bike. It stopped when ridding. I drained the oil and tried to start it. The bike has no compression, it only ran for a few minutes. Top end has Ben rebuilt. Bike ran fine up to the point he added a quart of of oil. Any ideas of what it could be?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Check the (piston) rings.

The Redrider

Jun 14, 2019
Sounds like blown seals every where. Folks this is where reading and understanding the shop manual comes into play. Overfilling would not necessarily blow out piston rings, but it could. I think the rings were probably on their way out any ways. What I would do as Okie says is do a complete overhaul, and replace every seal, piston ring, and check the cylinder head for leaks, valve seals, and seats etc, Yeup I know 4 strokies too. LOL.! Make sure to replace all gaskets, wrist pin bearings, and wrist pin keepers, be sure the whole bike is spotless, because this is open heart surgery, and you wouldn't want your doctor eating tater chips during your quad bi-pass? Your bike will thank you, LOL! Good luck, you can do it man!:$ 10424553_741593999197332_2064368627_a.jpg 14-woody-allen-quotes-to-start-off-your-uhh-week.jpg Red Rider...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom