BionickSS

May 10, 2015
Ok so I have a 2004 CR125.
The top end was just rebuilt about a month ago and it has probably 2 hours on it since. Just recently had some carburetor work done too.
The bike fires up first kick every time when its cold.
Lately, I have been having issues with it running. As I said, it starts up first kick and I let it warm up a little before riding it. Shortly after I start riding it, it'll bogg out and will not turn over when kicking it.
I have a slanted driveway so usually I will just ride the bike down the driveway and drop it into gear and it'll start right back up and it'll even start up with the kickstart after that. But today, that wasn't the case. I rode it down the driveway about 6 times and it just wouldn't go.
I do not have much knowledge on these bikes as I am very new to them.
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated. If it matters, I run 32:1 and have been doing the proper heat cycles etc for the break in of the new top end.

Thanks

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Ok so I have a 2004 CR125.

The bike fires up first kick every time when its cold.
Lately, I have been having issues with it running. As I said, it starts up first kick and I let it warm up a little before riding it. Shortly after I start riding it, it'll bogg out and will not turn over when kicking it.

Thanks

Hate to say it but it sounds like a classic piston seizure. If it were my bike I would remove the cylinder head and take a look. Look for scratches and traces of aluminum on the cylinder wall.

Top Bottom